Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get A leads after purchasing them through Levinson?

For which A's? For the MP A's or are you asking on their new program (can't recall what they call the new program, but I've been receiving the emails)?

Yes mikeyv7, MP A leads

Once you're set up and doing ongoing orders, it's actually very quick. The system is actually designed to place orders weekly and receive leads weekly, of course to try to establish consistent production. The first round of leads can take a bit of time, though. Reason being, all of the contracting "I's and T's" have to be in order, you have to be added in to the mix and I'm sure probably the lead geography has something to do with it. Again though, assuming all of the preliminary stuff can be handled somewhat quickly, it doesn't necessarily take all that long to get going on them. As I also said, once you're set in the system and you've received your first round of A leads, ongoing orders are super quick turnaround.

Finally got my license! So I'll be starting work ASAP. Hoping to start with 3 sales/week, want to ramp up to 5-10/week for a while to pay off debts then settle back down to 5/week while I'm paying off a house.

Any tips, especially any software I should be looking at for contact management? I'm located in WV and that's my only license, for now.

As of today, who are the best carriers for ease of use for E apps for non resident telesales?
Who do you recommend for Term, FE and WL.

I will tell you my bests bets later and why

Myself, I've been writing the Phoenix product. Good product, but there's also now a familiarity with of course the product, the carrier, their application platform and their practices and underwriting. That familiarity obviously plays big in getting apps through and I've long since already slam dunked the qual for their little year end contest. At this point, I've mostly written all the players. Foresters I think is alright at best, but I've had issues with the consistency of their underwriting. I've written ANICO, Fidelity in the past, MOO, Trans Fam, Assurity and many of the others. They're all okay. For e-app, most of all of those are on IGO. That's generally mostly all nonmed. For med, it's almost just "pick your poison", a lot of them are IGO as well and, just like all carriers, getting to know a carrier or 2 down well greatly helps place apps.

I've said throughout the thread that I'm personally not FE focused, but I've written a bit with a few of the carriers for that also. I've written the MOO product, Trans Fam, the Phoenix FE product and a couple of the others. The only thing I really try to stay away from there is the whole 3 way, phone verification on the phone with the customer thing, simply because it's a headache. Therefore, no Foresters FE for me.

So who are your "best bets and why"? Always looking for who's good and who's paying the fastest :biggrin:

Last edited:
So, wait a minute. I'm confused now. First, LifeTel, and nobody else for that matter, is going to send you leads if you don't have a current license to actually work them legally. Potentially, they could be held accountable, if they did. And it's LifeTel's fault and they're "crooks" because you incurred a fine with your state because of your negligence in maintaining your individual license? And you even said that the girl with DOI in your state said that there shouldn't be a problem getting your license back if you recompleted the state prelicensing requirements and paid the fine that, let's face it, you're responsible for. So, they're right, right. There is no problem getting your license back, but you're just individually responsible for the fine that you allowed to happen by your own oversight. Sounds more like an issue between you and your state and not with LifeTel. You're not too lazy to type the "long winded email", but just too lazy to keep your license current, apparently.

but why would Lifetel not refund him the money after they said that they would? ..of course this is based on his story.

but why would Lifetel not refund him the money after they said that they would? ..of course this is based on his story.

Hi jb'. Obviously, it was my post you're asking on, so I'm responding. First, neither you or I or anyone outside of LifeTel and the particular agent know the details. Like you said, that's just "his" story. Likely, there's another side of the story. What I read that I responded to sounded a whole lot like some bashing on some folks that I work with and know well for something that frankly should have been "his" sole responsibility. You tell me if I'm wrong. You can have a relationship with an agency, IMO, carrier and/or whatever your production relationship with whomever is going to be. But that doesn't have anything to do with your individual responsibility for maintaining your license and staying in compliance with your state. We all know what our responsibilities are. We all know that we have to complete the proper steps to get the license in the first place. We all know what our state guidelines are, as far as maintaining the license, completing the required ongoing CE, notifying the state of changes in status and/or residency and on and on. If your state tells you that by your own fault you neglected your responsibilities for maintaining your license and as result you have to pay a fine to the state to reinstate your license, well then that's between you and your state. But having to pay a fine to the state to reinstate your license isn't at all the same thing as not being able to get a license in the first place. Just sounds like a very convenient "nothing's my fault", "everybody else is to blame" and, as someone else said in the thread somewhere that I got a kick out of, this person is just another "life victim". There's just too damn many of those these days and unfortunately their ranks are growing.

I Contacted this company from a CL ad seeking Insurance agents. I was contacted by Jim Hendry Director Of life sales the next day. His sales pitch for his company was very good. He said that to start with them I had to pay $595.00 for contracting and appointments with different carriers. I received the producers packet to fill out and submit.

Not having done my do diligence I proceeded to check the company out with various sources including the BBB . I decided I did not want to work for this company. I had not submitted any paper work for contracting. When I contacted Jim Hendry and ask for a refund of the $595.00 he refused. I am requesting my money be returned as I did not return the producer information for me.

I Contacted this company from a CL ad seeking Insurance agents. I was contacted by Jim Hendry Director Of life sales the next day. His sales pitch for his company was very good. He said that to start with them I had to pay $595.00 for contracting and appointments with different carriers. I received the producers packet to fill out and submit.

Not having done my do diligence I proceeded to check the company out with various sources including the BBB . I decided I did not want to work for this company. I had not submitted any paper work for contracting. When I contacted Jim Hendry and ask for a refund of the $595.00 he refused. I am requesting my money be returned as I did not return the producer information for me.

Okay. Full disclosure. I, as is very well documented throughout this thread, have been an agent with LifeTel for more than 2 years and am now also one of their agent managers. This is how I was informed of this post...

"Insurance Forums

mikeyv7,
hillbilly replied to a thread you are watching at Insurance Forums.

Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

View This Thread Unread Watched Threads

This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread
Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com? at Insurance Forums with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may
disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

collect

https://insurance-forums.com/community/"

Being an agent manager and hiring agents to work with me and LifeTel each day, posts such as these affect me directly, as well as the formal management of the company. Here's my question. LifeTel has over a thousand contracted agents. Per the BBB, in the past couple/few years that the BBB has had a "file" on LifeTel, LifeTel has 2 documented complaints. One was resolved "to the complete satisfaction of the customer" and the other is not detailed. Again, LifeTel has more than a thousand contracted agents and who knows how many agents have been worked with, etc. to retain that number. Yet, still, they have 2 complaints. That's less than 1 complaint a year. In the process of doing your "do" diligence, who wouldn't regard that as being a pretty damn good record, especially in this day and age of complete online cowardice?

By the way, when you post such things as this and you're dumb enough to show your true ignorance of writing "do" diligence instead of the proper "due" diligence, you simply make yourself look like an even bigger *** than you obviously already are. Tip: You don't try to write technical terminology and then screw up the terminology. Put simply, that just makes you look like a moron.

Latest posts

Back