Anyone ever used Vonage, Sunrocket, or another VOIP service?

I have used both CentricVoice and SimpleSignal, which is the best so far. I am also a telecom/ Internet consultant and can tell you the quality of your Internet connectivity will have a large impact on the performance of your VoIP. I use the Edgewater Edgemarc firewall/ QoS box to prioritize voice traffic over data. This has worked out quite well.

I just dropped Vonage. I had them for about 5 months. After about 10 minutes on the phone, it would drop (like a cell). I am looking into skyrocket.

But I did like the fact that you can look at your calls and listen to voice mail online.

I ended up going with Comcast and, thus far, the call quality has been outstanding.

I've had Vonage for 2 months now and I'm not relly very satisfied. I do get a droped call every so often, but what is more anoying is that I frequently get a busy signal in certain areas when the phone is not busy. I have confirmed this through the use of my cell. I also have friends from the same area that try to call me and get a message that my number is not in service. This is B.S. Have contacted Vonage several times and get the typical run around.
The other frequent complaint I hear about Vonage is that if you try to cancell the service during the 30 "free trial" period good luck on getting your money back, and be sure to cancell your credit card # prior to cancelling as they like to toss in bullshit charges when you cancell. Their service center is located in the Philippines and their techs are the most diificult to understand. Much worse even than Dell's.

Caution advised!

Back