Anyone Have Information on A- Leads?

They are direct mail leads that a mailer house (or imo?) were unable to sell originally and are sometimes distributed to agents for around $10. Has anyone heard of something like this?

For a comprehensive answer to your specific question:

Yes, EFES has both 'Excess A Leads' which have never been sold to any agent.

They also have 'B Bonus Leads' which were sold to another agent at least 30 days ago, but no policy was sold to that lead yet.

When you've been there 30 days dropping mail, the new leads that you've purchased 30+ days ago, but you've not sold, they become available to any other efes agent as a B Lead.

Used to be that a B lead was from a former agent.
Then I think they went to 90+ days for existing agents old leads.
Now they are at 30+ days for existing agent, which is not exactly an old lead.

You cycle through your territories every 90 days...so after you work Tucson for awhile and move on to Albuquerque, before you cycle back around to Tucson, some other agent theoretically has access to your unsold Tuscan leads.

In 90 days when you do cycle back to Tuscan, instead of new mixed with old leads, you now have new mixed with suspect leads.

Thanks for the information guys. So how do you know when you're being ripped off? I haven't bought the leads yet. I work with an imo, but sometimes I don't know about them. Should A-leads be a certain age (The time I get from the date signed on the lead card)? Anything else I should look out for?

EFES ... EFES ... EFES - Damn, you boys are dominating these threads anymore. Wish there were agents out there still interested in keeping some of their hard earned money. Find a mail-house, mail on a consistent basis and write business - Better still, provide for YOUR family; not the EFES family. Just sayin'.

It's a good place to get training and reputable place to get A or B leads vs all the potential ripoffs out there.

But putting a green agent out there to drop their own mail on their own, without training or support, dosnt jive with providing for one's family

Back