Anyone Hold a Goosehead Franchise?

David,

Honest question.....

What would happen to your business income if The Texas DOI stopped allowing Fees? or seriously tightened the practice of such fees?

What happens when you go toe to toe with another agency that does not charge fees?

Shawn,

are yall in Louisiana?

If you read the thread posted by Megan Baily it will explain in large part why you would pay a franchise fee. I spend 100% of my time selling. All service is performed by our service team in Texas. Our NPS scores every month are above the most respected companies such as Apple, USAA, Disney. All the non revenue generating activities that an agency owner typically has to do are handled for us. It is an awesome business model and I can promise you that one day in the discovery class and you will see the light.

You may not do a commission split with home office as we do but as soon as you hire your first employee you are splitting your commissions with them. I have a highly and constantly trained service team that takes care of everything. I do no hiring other than producers, no employee issues, tax issues, etc. No tracking of commissions, accounting to each carrier and on and on.

I would encourage all to attend a discovery day and you will see the Goosehead difference.

Goosehead Insurance is a new independent agency opportunity disrupting the industry in a HUGE way.

We directly appoint you with a portfolio of A-rated carriers, with no production requirements or quotas. We provide access to our world-class infrastructure and back office, which services 100% of the book of business and maintains a 90% retention rate. Your responsibility would be solely focused on sales and marketing, allowing you to grow a larger book faster.

Key benefits:
-Book ownership with a guaranteed buy-back.
-Direct appointments with top A-Rated insurance carriers.
-Higher commissions.
-NO service work, minimal admin work.
-Comprehensive training and support.
-Customized Salesforce.com technology package.

Please let me know if you’d like to learn more about this unrivaled opportunity.

Clarissa D. Cross
214-838-5243

Goosehead Insurance is a new independent agency opportunity disrupting the industry in a HUGE way.

We directly appoint you with a portfolio of A-rated carriers, with no production requirements or quotas. We provide access to our world-class infrastructure and back office, which services 100% of the book of business and maintains a 90% retention rate. Your responsibility would be solely focused on sales and marketing, allowing you to grow a larger book faster.

Key benefits:
-Book ownership with a guaranteed buy-back.
-Direct appointments with top A-Rated insurance carriers.
-Higher commissions.
-NO service work, minimal admin work.
-Comprehensive training and support.
-Customized Salesforce.com technology package.

Please let me know if you’d like to learn more about this unrivaled opportunity.

Clarissa D. Cross
214-838-5243

You forgot to add that you take 50% of the agency revenue.

I was formerly a Goosehead producer, took that route prior to becoming an agency owner and am SO GLAD i did prior to throwing away that 60k for the franchise fee. Needless to say I am an agency partner at an independent agency now and back to loving life. Goosehead was just not for me. They cater too much to their corporate agents and from what i gathered could careless about the success of their 'agency partners' aka franchise owners. They lead with the home (which i have always done myself) by attacking realtors, mortgage lenders, etc. in order to build referral partnerships... excellent strategy that just about every IA practices... the problem with them is that they let their corporate agents run all over texas to 'claim' referral partners (realtors, mortgage brokers, etc), basically leaving the agency partners in the dust... you know since you can't step on another agents toes and all.. all a load of crap. You can do better is all I am sayin :)

I was formerly a Goosehead producer, took that route prior to becoming an agency owner and am SO GLAD i did prior to throwing away that 60k for the franchise fee. Needless to say I am an agency partner at an independent agency now and back to loving life. Goosehead was just not for me. They cater too much to their corporate agents and from what i gathered could careless about the success of their 'agency partners' aka franchise owners. They lead with the home (which i have always done myself) by attacking realtors, mortgage lenders, etc. in order to build referral partnerships... excellent strategy that just about every IA practices... the problem with them is that they let their corporate agents run all over texas to 'claim' referral partners (realtors, mortgage brokers, etc), basically leaving the agency partners in the dust... you know since you can't step on another agents toes and all.. all a load of crap. You can do better is all I am sayin :)

That's interesting you say that when Goosehead has an entire team dedicated to the success of our agency partners post implementation. I'm sorry to hear your personal experience as a producer didn't meet your personal expectations, but the majority of our agency partners and corporate agents are VERY happy. Also, the proof is in our retention rate as well as the numbers. We're the #1 independent insurance company in TX for a reason so apparently, we're doing something right. Our model is specifically tailored to bring value to individuals in the real estate community not to bombard them. We're nowhere near the point of market saturation and we're continuing to grow. Oh, and I received this update from our CEO, Mark Jones, the other day and wanted to share it with you:

“The head of Insurance Sector investment banking for J.P. Morgan came to visit me a couple of weeks ago to share some perspectives on developments in our industry. It was interesting to note that the best managed insurance brokers typically can achieve organic growth (i.e., growing without acquiring other agencies) in the range of 2-3% annually. There is one standout scale insurance carrier that has been doing about 7% annually. We have been growing in excess of 40% annually – and this number has been increasing in recent years. I told him that I believe we have invented a different business than the one in which our competitors toil. He affirmed there is nobody even close to accomplishing what we are and that the incredible group of people that make this happen occupy a different stratosphere than anyone else.”

*drops mic*

60K to join and 50% commissions split. Is this true like FL Broker suggests above?

I have a hard time believing that! Please set him straight....

60K to join and 50% commissions split. Is this true like FL Broker suggests above?

I have a hard time believing that! Please set him straight....

Yea, I haven't had time to address that lol. The franchise fee depends on the state your agency will be located in, and we also have payment plan option as well.

Also, our commission splits are not 50% that's ridiculous. We have very reasonable commission splits and even after the split on new business our agents net 25% revenue conservatively on a single policy sold. Overall, are agents still outperform others in the industry 3-5x. I'll gladly send production numbers straight from our FDD upon request.

Thanks!

Back