Anyone Out Here Happy/successful in the Insurance Industry?

lenise87

If so what are you doing as far as lead cost, hours you are working during the week & what is the company you work with? FE is what I really want to focus on...but im keeping my option open. I'm just getting overwhelmed with choosing which company to go for. I am also a newbie! Thanks : )

If so what are you doing as far as lead cost, hours you are working during the week & what is the company you work with? FE is what I really want to focus on...but im keeping my option open. I'm just getting overwhelmed with choosing which company to go for. I am also a newbie! Thanks : )

I'm a pig in slop. I spend about $900/wk on leads and around $200/wk on an appt setter(not recommended, unless you're taking 40+ leads a week). I work 5 field days of 6-8 appts/day...slow day I have 2 appts and last week I started door knocking...not a fan of that crap. Making a great living. Having fun...on pace to buy a nice new watch by the end of March!

Every day in insurance has felt like a vacation for me. And I'm in year 20 now.

To me the secret is, if you don't enjoy it, don't do it. And if you do enjoy it, do the hell out of it.

Why do you really want to focus on FE (and please don't say because you want to help people).

Rick

From one n00b to another:

Are you planning on going independent or captive? If indy, pick an IMO (There are a few here on the forums that are highly respected, Im with one of them. You'll probably see them mentioned in a few minutes lol.), and pick a few companies to contract with. Your IMO should help you decide which ones. Study their apps.

As far as leads, TM are gonna run you $200-250 for 20-25. I've only worked TM and aged DM leads so far. DM will run you probably $440-500 per 1000 for a mail drop, or $26 each for fixed price DM leads if your IMO offers it.

Right now I work 40 hours a week as a CNC operator, but on the weekends I put my nice clothes on and I'm the insurance man. Ive got no sales experience and Ive never trained face to face with anyone, but I still go out and try. Today was my 3rd day in the field, and I only had 2 appointments. I wrote the lady on the 2nd one. I've written 4 apps so far, 1 canceled.

I still feel like I have no idea what Im doing sometimes, but I plan on moving to FE full time once im comfortable, and I think Ill be happy with the freedom of being my own boss. As far as being successful, if you give it 100% you will be.

Why do you really want to focus on FE (and please don't say because you want to help people). Rick

Because it's easy. No rocket science here.
I thought when I started it, that would be a beginning with future expansion into annuities, supp health insurance, critical care, etc.

Hey...couple years down the road....probably some of that will be added. But there is a metric arse ton of low hanging fruit in the FE field.

And ya know what?
I'm HELPING PEOPLE!

Are you implying that FE is a rip-off?

I don't know how you got that from my post. I was asking a legit question. Nobody picks FE because their first reason is helping people. That comes later when they see they might be doing that.

I sell Medicare plans. I do it because I earn a very nice living. I'm successful because I help people save money. I wouldn't do it for free.

Rick

Back