Anyone Use A Telemarketer For Group Insurance

CR in STL

Expert
I have been considering hiring someone to cold call businesses with the intent they can set an appointment for me to meet with a decisions maker. While I am trying to figure out if it will be beneficial I wanted to see what others experience was like doing the same thing.

How did you handle the transition from the appointment setter to yourself or the salesperson.

Did you give bonus for actual appointments that took place

Thanks is advance for any response.

I have been considering hiring someone to cold call businesses with the intent they can set an appointment for me to meet with a decisions maker. While I am trying to figure out if it will be beneficial I wanted to see what others experience was like doing the same thing.

How did you handle the transition from the appointment setter to yourself or the salesperson.

Did you give bonus for actual appointments that took place

Thanks is advance for any response.

We use Telemarketing extensively. We get into a business first by offering Non-Insurance Products to gain the client and pay our agents commission on those products. Been doing this successfully for over 20 years.

Check out our L/AH distribution paper on the 12 keys to business owner selling at: 12 Keys to Business Owner Selling for more info

I tried it quite a few years ago. It was tough finding someone who was successful at setting appointments and would last through all of the rejection. After a while, I gave up on the project. Yes, there was a bonus program in addition to the hourly rate, but can't recall exactly what it was.

A good cold caller is golden, but the turnover is awfully high. I would give a bonus for an appointment that truly showed up though. My best luck was with an agent who - because of an infirmity - could not go on appointments. She was great, but she finally landed a better job for a large insurer in our area.

Last edited:
Back