Anyone Use MetLifeGA.com for P&C?

I read the agreement is I can compete or broker the business to another intermediary. They did not disclose the commission structure in the application. I talked to them a whileback and I believe it's 70/30 accross the board for new business and renewals.

CGreene, you are sure we are talking about the general agency/brokerage and not MetLife Life Insurance Company nor MetLife Auto & Home Insurance Company, correct?

Yes I work for MetLife auto and home and we have access to the general agency it should be same one. We have a pl rater we can use now that is 80/20 split in new and 30 on renewal if they contact client anything else is 50 new 0 renewal

Yikes, glad I already have other avenues for my non-resident states likes MetLifeBOP and StarBOP through Dovetail Insurance, TAPCO, and then Farmers owned-operated general agency/brokerage, which access to most of what the MetLifeGA and other intermediaries offer already for commercial products.

Just personal auto and homeowners is what I'm mainly looking for my non-resident states. I thought about progressive, but they like Titan/Victoria wanted me to have physical office and wanted me to try and bring some of my Farmers book over in California and I said, NO. I told them, California is off limits!

----------

I guess I will find out for sure, when they send the access codes this week. Thanks for letting me know.

CGreene, did you have a premium requirement too in order to keep appointment with MetLifeGA?

Last edited:
I am working on progressive I have them through met now and only require one office and I have 4 states.

You have progressive through MetLifeGA? Why not outside of Met? Are you captive with MetLife Auto & Home (not the GA/Brokerage)?

Well I might not be using them too much then... LOL, unless it's a different commission structure for non-MetLife appointed agents and a sub-producer like me, but might be good to use at first for my non-resident licenses for the personal auto & homeowners market and then role over the customers prior or upon the renewals to one of my other intermediaries, like Kraft Lake's relationship with the insurance noodle, so long as they are appointed with the carrier.

Back