Anyone Use MetLifeGA.com for P&C?

That right there is part of why I left my captive outfit. Sure, I could write Progressive with my own subcode, III was paying 8% and by the time I took my split with the agency principal, I was making just over 5% on Progressive.
The downside is, most preferred I currently write through a wholesaler or GA, after my split I'm still making about the same, or sometimes less than when I was as a producer for the Nationwide agent. Except for umbrella. For some reason, I'm doing much better on that, lol.

I hear ya. I am nationally licensed in more than 21 states, with plans for all 50 and DC. My residence license is in California, where I own a Farmers Agency and Farmers owns a general agency too called, Kraft Lake Insurance Agency, where I have producer codes with many other carriers or major brokerages set-up through Kraft Lake. Kraft Lake also has a partner relationship with the Insurance Noodle, where the Insurance Noodle is doing business as Kraft Lake Brokerage. Any how we can write business through the general agency, but it has to be business, which Farmers doesn't write or declines, unless you are brokering in a state utilitizing your non-resident licenses and are not appointed with Farmers in that specific state. In that case you can obtain a direct appointment with another carrier or broker it through Kraft Lake. My problem, which I have found with obtaining direct appointments with other major carriers, they want me to be appointed with them in CA first and then try and cross-sell my Farmers book, which I'm not going to do and I tell them to goto hell. Farmers is great and I love being a Farmers Agent, but I also enjoy brokering commercial insurance nationally. I mainly need another personal lines carrier for auto and home in my non-resident states, so I can start cross-selling my commercial customers in those states. I was utilizing Superior Access, but I do not want to be forking out $110.00 every month and plus I didnt like the slow service, so I cancelled and started looking else where. The problem I find with the insurance noodle, is that they are very selective in the personal lines and for some reason they are not offering personal auto. I am not sure if it it's like that in normally or due to the relationship it has with Kraft Lake. They are great when it comes to commercial lines for things like bars, taverns, night clubs, liqour, cleaning companies, lessor's risks, apartment buildings, and duplexes, plus I broker through TAPCO or Dovetail Insurance Services (NetCompIns.com & NetBopIns.com). I highly recommend TAPCO and Dovetail!

$110/month should never be used in conjunction with "forking out"

Called and check on this and you can only have access to MetLife GA if you have a direct appointment already with my MetLife.

Called and check on this and you can only have access to MetLife GA if you have a direct appointment already with my MetLife.

That must be a new thing because they were willing to give me one a year ago without mother Met ( bad break up). The commission structure was ok at best, went a different direction. Could have changed though as all things Met do.

MetLIfeGA gave me the appointment as a producer too without having to be direct appointment with them as an Agent.

----------

$110/month should never be used in conjunction with "forking out"

$110/month adds up to more than $1200/year. I am just not going to do it.

If you're just worried about fees then try appalachian. They're mainly commercial, especially w/c, but have personal lines - your usual players, travelers, safeco, met, nat gen, and theyve got allied here in the southeast. 250 annual appointment fee but it's waived if you keep 25k a year with them. Personal lines preferred i get results from them in 4-6 business hours. Way better than the rest. They can be selective though.

I'm wondering, if any agents or brokers utilize MetLifeGA.com for P&C and how it's working out for them? MetLifeGA.com works similar to other intermediaries, wholesalers, general agents, but no fee's to join or a membership fee. They just ask, that you do a minimum amount of premium each year, which I believe is around or about $2,500/year. Any how, they have most, if not all of the typical carriers that Superior Access, Insurance Noodle, Smart Choice, Agent Secure and most of all the clusters have.

Www.agentsecure.com
10%/9%

What I like about the MetLife GA is that I refer them a prospect for personal or commercial lines in all my non-resident states and it's the same commission split, if I contact the prospect and close the sale or if the GA contact's the prospect and closes the sale, plus I own the expirations and can roll that book to another intermedary or a direct appointment at a later date. This allows me to focus on my resident state and then whole sale brokering national for entertainment products. It's like having a team of agency producers working for me, plus there's no overhead, except marketing.

Back