Anyone Using Google Apps?

djkilgus

I was curious if anyone was using google apps for business or any other "cloud" based email & calendaring solutions?

I was curious if anyone was using google apps for business or any other "cloud" based email & calendaring solutions?

I use Gmail's calendar and email. They update on my computer, secretary's computer, and my iPhone almost instantly. They also sync with MS Outlook seamlessly.

Try fooling around with Google Voice next. How about the idea of having a local number in several cities that you do business in so people can call you no matter where you are, the call can be forwarded to any phone, or multiple phones, and all this for free. I don't know how they do it.

Are you using Vista or 7? I bought a new laptop with 7 64bit and can not get outlook 07 to sync w/gmail's calender any longer.

I use Gmail's calendar and email. They update on my computer, secretary's computer, and my iPhone almost instantly. They also sync with MS Outlook seamlessly.

Try fooling around with Google Voice next. How about the idea of having a local number in several cities that you do business in so people can call you no matter where you are, the call can be forwarded to any phone, or multiple phones, and all this for free. I don't know how they do it.

I don't use Google Apps yet, because I've only used about 15% of my Personal Gmail account's space.

But I do everything online:

*Toktumi 800 # service
* Google Voice local number
* Gmail for emails, including the ability to send/rec from my professional email account.
* Google Calendar.
*Google Docs/Box.net
*Online Fax Service
* NitroPDF---I don't use a printer or fax machine. Just use this software to fill out or sign any pdf doc.

I tried using Outlook, but I don't like all my email stored on a computer....I prefer it stored online.

Are you using Vista or 7? I bought a new laptop with 7 64bit and can not get outlook 07 to sync w/gmail's calender any longer.

I'm using Outlook 2010 and Win 7, but I think it worked OK before with Win 7 and Outlook 2007. I'm also using Microsoft Business Contact Manager bundled with Outlook, but that shouldn't make a difference with syncing.

I'm using Outlook 2010 and Win 7, but I think it worked OK before with Win 7 and Outlook 2007. I'm also using Microsoft Business Contact Manager bundled with Outlook, but that shouldn't make a difference with syncing.

I'll have to try it again. Maybe it is the 64 bit system. More likely it is operator error.

Thanks

I'll have to try it again. Maybe it is the 64 bit system. More likely it is operator error.

Thanks

I have heard of complaints about the 64 bit version and syncing. Do a search because I think I saw a workaround somewhere.

Back