Applying for life insurance with history of hospitalization.

I had a lady who wanted simplified issue with no health exam or medical records retrieved. She failed to disclose something about her health history and was declined. This was because she just did not fit the parameters of their criteria. Went on her MIB record.

Are you sure it went on her MIB? I have asked a few Carriers on their non- med or instant decision & they stated they didn't report as a decline to MIB as they would have on a full med traditional app. They apparently don't consider it a decline for being insurable as much as not fitting the "quick issue parameters". Regardless, I tend to prefer the ones that start as possible non med, but move to full exam if something in the algorithms doesn't allow "instant" decision without exam

Last edited:
Still I would say if 1 year makes a difrence I would rather wait the year then have to explain why I was declined
QUOTE]

Not about you. Tell that to a widow & kids that you preferred to wait a year. I have plenty of examples of clients & agents wantiy to wait for their table rating health issue to resolve or lose the 10 lbs to get super preferred only to die or become completely uninsurable.

@Markthebroker & @Travis Price for political party with this lovefest. You could start a new show or podcast like Cross-fire or the Hannity & Combs where they talk topics without being in an echo chamber

Honestly, I inform my opinion based on the minimum amount of effort that I have to contribute for it to make sense to me.

The government having the right to create laws that tell you how to manage your body? Pretty gross overstep. I can't be against abortion. I don't have to support it. I dont have to have one. I just can't be against it because I'm saying it's okay the government is allowed to tell me what to do with my body.

Two people getting married has no implication against the legal and relationship rights I get in marriage. Let gay people get that prison as well ;)

Can I generally do or say whatever I want without fear of being killed? I have to support Racial equality.

There's always a balance, and government always swings between extremes... I think if we really took the time to analyze the why... we'd all agree more.

This is what my brokerage said "Unfortunately alcohol induced pancreatitus is a decline with all carriers for a long time. Some carriers won't ever take it no matter how long ago. Some will take 10 years out with no recurrence. They will test for elevated liver function. Even then it is tough to get issued without table ratings. Most carriers are doing medical claims data pulls now, especially on 1M face, so they will find out even if you do not disclose it."

Little, like in midget size that @Markthebroker is traumatized by? Is there really an IMO for midget life agents.......if not, maybe there should be. IMO could make a ton with how little they would have to pass along of the comp if the contract was based on size of the agent & not size of the case
https://www.smallandson.com/

Maybe they'll adopt Mark. :yes:

This is what my brokerage said "Unfortunately alcohol induced pancreatitus is a decline with all carriers for a long time. Some carriers won't ever take it no matter how long ago. Some will take 10 years out with no recurrence. They will test for elevated liver function. Even then it is tough to get issued without table ratings. Most carriers are doing medical claims data pulls now, especially on 1M face, so they will find out even if you do not disclose it."
Are table ratings really a problem though?

The premium isn't the problem. It's the health issue. So it will cost what it costs.

I also think this is too much of a blanket answer. I have gotten clients coverage with this exact condition after 5 years so I'm not sure where this "10 years to never" response comes from.

Little, like in midget size that @Markthebroker is traumatized by? Is there really an IMO for midget life agents.......if not, maybe there should be. IMO could make a ton with how little they would have to pass along of the comp if the contract was based on size of the agent & not size of the case

A buddy of mine's stepson has a midget wrestling show. He is booked solid. I am surprised at how popular it is, says it is primarily a midwest and southern thing. .

Latest posts

Back