Appt. charge for other States?

Hi everyone!
I’ve been working independently (still a newbie in some areas) and decided to team up with a large Insurance Company to sell Life and other products.
My experience in the past was as long as I was licensed in certain states I was good to go and sale. NOW that I’m with this company they want me to PAY for the agent/agency fees per appointment. WHY am I paying this? What am I not understanding with this? I feel like I shouldn’t have to pay anything. :nah:

Hi everyone!
I’ve been working independently (still a newbie in some areas) and decided to team up with a large Insurance Company to sell Life and other products.
My experience in the past was as long as I was licensed in certain states I was good to go and sale. NOW that I’m with this company they want me to PAY for the agent/agency fees per appointment. WHY am I paying this? What am I not understanding with this? I feel like I shouldn’t have to pay anything. :nah:

Some carriers pay the appointment fee for you, some take it out of your commissions when you write your first deal, others just charge upfront.

Either way, their is a cost getting appointed with a carrier in each state.

What NSRH said. Some companies eat it as a cost of doing business and some pass it on. There are a few states that do not allow companies to pass on the fee, but they are definitely the exception.

Hi everyone!

They do this because if they didn't - they'd be paying appt fees for thousands of agents that never send in any business . . .

Get non-res in the States that don't have non-res appt fees - like SC, etc.

Back