Are SEP Enrollments Allowed on Health Sherpa Now?

Hello! This is Ning. SEP is live, but the federal data hub API has a bug that is preventing some apps from getting through until the day after they are submitted. Basically, they have an "off by one" error when checking the SEP eligibility start date. We have reported the issue and are checking in frequently on the fix.

Thanks,
Ning

----------

Update: CMS is deploying a fix for this issue today, and will be monitoring the situation.

Will you let us know when it's fixed? We'd appreciate it. As always - thanks for your responsiveness to issues.

Hello! This is Ning. SEP is live, but the federal data hub API has a bug that is preventing some apps from getting through until the day after they are submitted. Basically, they have an "off by one" error when checking the SEP eligibility start date. We have reported the issue and are checking in frequently on the fix.

Thanks,
Ning

Update: CMS is deploying a fix for this issue today, and will be monitoring the situation.

Such a basic error. But this is CMS's first venture into the world of SEP enrollments.
:nah:

Looking at signing up with HS for this year, anyone have any reservations about putting your CMS portal password in?

Looking at signing up with HS for this year, anyone have any reservations about putting your CMS portal password in?

Nope. You won't be doing any on exchange business through HS or any WBE if you don't enter it.

I didn't think it would be an issue but wanted to get an opinion. I do a lot of reading here and value the info and opinion given! That said I entered everything and just did the first app through them for a client with a sep. my only question is why didn't I do this sooner? So much easier than the hassle hc.gov

The last time I had one get "stuck" in Health Sherpa is was because my FFM Portal password had expired. We're supposed to change it every ______ months.

I logged into https://portal.cms.gov/wps/portal/unauthportal/home/ and was greeted with "Change Your Password!". Did it. Then logged into Health Sherpa, entered the new Password and the application that was stuck changed immediately to Approved.

Change your password every 180 days.
They now require a "special character" in the password.

We might as well do it NOW...before our rush season arrives.
Allen's link (above) will take you to the right place.
I used "Forgot Password" and it let me change my password early (before 180 days).

Back