Are There Any Really Good Insurance Lead Companies?

When you call the number on their site I get a message saying the way to reach them is by email

The hallmark of a scam

I don't know who you are but I have been in the business over 20 years Lead co is a great company .. i have used them since 2006

Call TOM at Lead co 918-955-8274

Paula Sullivan
Futurity First
Seattle

I don't know who you are but I have been in the business over 20 years Lead co is a great company .. i have used them since 2006

Paula Sullivan
Futurity First
Seattle

Soooo, you've worked for Leadco since 2006. How are the benefits? How many weeks vacation are you up to after 11 years. Do you get a Christmas Bonus? Are they P.C. Do they have a Transgender bathroom?:err:

Paula Sullivan
Futurity First
Seattle

Ok let me get this straight You resurrected a thread that has not been active for nearly 5 years, And you first post ever is pimpine this lead company

And you are going to try and convince me you don't:D work for them?

If there are any good ones I have yet to find them. Checked a bunch out on here plus spam emails & solicitations. Not to mention garbage IMO/FMO sells folks. Have yet to find one I'm willing to spend money on. I expect to buy 15-20 and close at least 4-5 of those. Just another way crooks and IMOs and FMOs rip new agents off.

If there are any good ones I have yet to find them. Checked a bunch out on here plus spam emails & solicitations. Not to mention garbage IMO/FMO sells folks. Have yet to find one I'm willing to spend money on. I expect to buy 15-20 and close at least 4-5 of those. Just another way crooks and IMOs and FMOs rip new agents off.

If you EXPECT to close 1 out of 4 leads from any given lead source and you have yet to find one that you can do that with then how did you come to EXPECT this closing ratio?

I'm not being facetious, but I am trying to understand your market expectations. There are very few markets you can get a 25% closing ratio in without A LOT of work.

I generated leads for about a dozen agents last year. These were exclusive, B quality internet leads. I pulled the plug on generating those leads after realizing that most agents do absolutely nothing with their leads. I continued to get a lot of people asking for them but I turned them away because I don't want to just sell leads. I really want to see the good agents succeed in this business.

Agents are junkies for leads. Don't believe me? How does it make you "feel" when you get those stack of DM cards in the mail and hold them in your hand? I know that rush of adrenaline because I've felt it myself. Most agents want a cheap fix to their inability to long-game a lead. And, of course, there are a lot of "pusher man" out there more than willing to continue to sell you your drug (cue Steppenwolf here).

A lead is not an invitation to sell. It's permission to start a conversation. You have to master the conversation. This requires follow-up. Most agents are absolutely horrible at follow-up. One and done does not work in a competitive market. The fortune is in the follow-up.

Now I do think there are A, B, C and F quality leads. I'm working on further developing my leads so that they are A quality as well as integrating an easy-to-implement follow-up system. A good follow-up system can turn a C lead into a sale...there are plenty of guys out there killing it with aged leads.

Stop leads-hopping. Find one that is trustworthy (I know, that is hard, but they do exist), commit to investing for at least 3-6 months, develop a consistent and scalable follow-up system, and I guarantee if you have ANY salesmanship about you, you will succeed.

Are you trying to make a sale or build a business? The answer to this question will determine your long-term success.

A lead is not an invitation to sell. It's permission to start a conversation.

Just curious, what are you basing this on ?

I think a lead should meet a higher standard than just permission to start a conversation. That is only my opinion though.

Just curious, what are you basing this on ?

I think a lead should meet a higher standard than just permission to start a conversation. That is only my opinion though.

I am basing it on my personal successes (and failures) with leads as well as speaking to and working with many other agents. There is a DIRECT correlation between how you view and approach a lead and the closing ratio. If you think you are entitled to a sale because you paid for a lead (not saying this is you) then you will constantly be hopping around looking for the perfect lead. But it doesn't exist. That's really good news IMHO because it means that anyone willing to work (develop a system of follow-up) can build a business with even mediocre leads.

If you think you are entitled to a sale because you paid for a lead (not saying this is you) then you will constantly be hopping around looking for the perfect lead. But it doesn't exist. That's really good news IMHO because it means that anyone willing to work (develop a system of follow-up) can build a business with even mediocre leads.

what are "mediocre" leads ?

I much rather work with a policy holder versus someone offered something free as an enticement, just as an example. But it really boils down to ROI.

Problem that exists is in how the lead providers obtain the lead. Almost all have driven to enticing the prospect to fill a contact card out to receive something free other than a quote. They also do a piss poor job filtering out bad leads or reselling the leads 6-12 months later. Quote Wizard resells leads and it drives me nuts.

Like someone else said; 80% of it is proper follow-up.

Back