As a "side hustle"?

May 15, 2019

1. JimA

JimA New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I agree 100% from running at home and my team comment probably should have been explained better. If you put everything into it, run every week, study your scripts, companies, and products you will make a very good living. You put everything into it and eventually you can either form a team or be a career agent. My best friend is a former AIL SA and he loves the freedom of buying his leads and writing business. I decided to build a team. You write your own ticket.

Leads-I run 25 mailers a week. I made so many mistakes but Less Expensive FB leads 25-40 to start out is not unrealistic. I believe that when you start out and your referral game is not as strong as it will become that 40 Facebook leads is not that far fetched. I would advise to not reinvent the wheel and stick to Mailers but everyone has their own opinions.

JimA, May 26, 2019
  2. Rob Lion

Rob Lion Guru

State:
    Alaska
    I sell fe from home lol literally no issues with lapses except for one where kids bought a 5k AP policy for there dad and couldn't afford it 4 months in.

3. boomshack

boomshack New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    On your 3rd opinion, which product do you think would be more accommodating for home work?

4. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    I think Med Supps lend well to home sales. I also think term life does well.

FE apparently does good. My concern is that persistency kind of sucks with FE in optimum conditions at around 85%.

It’s easier to lapse something that already has a high lapse rate when you don’t have an in person connection with someone.

That being said, I don’t sell FE (but I have sold industrial in the past.) if others are having a good experience selling FE at home, then I would follow what they do.

To me, and just a personal opinion, FE is a hard sales life that I don’t really want to deal with. If FE is your passion, then absolutely go for it. Industrial really turned me off of low income homes and it doesn’t fit with my goals.

However, industrial is like poor mans FE. Like, I don’t have a bank account insurance.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  5. myinsurebiz

myinsurebiz Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    I would start with an IMO that offers a supply of quality DM Leads in exchange for lower commissions. You won't earn as much money per sale - but you can earn more money overall.

You can always do something different down the road if you choose.

#SeeThePeople

6. myinsurebiz

myinsurebiz Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    Not true in 2019 . . .

7. dbab

dbab Expert

State:
    Texas
    Any IMO recommendations?

dbab, May 29, 2019
  8. goillini52

goillini52 KeepAmericaGreat...Eat Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    I'll bet you that Tom recommends One Life America. :yes:

9. dbab

dbab Expert

State:
    Texas
    Ehh I was just reading over a One Life thread. I think I will pass.

dbab, May 29, 2019
  10. goillini52

goillini52 KeepAmericaGreat...Eat Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    :laugh: