As a "side hustle"?

Ehh I was just reading over a One Life thread. I think I will pass.

One Life has come a long way in the past 10 years.

One Life is one of the Nation's leading IMO's in Final Expense and Medicare.

On track to produce $100million in issued / paid business in 2019 and thousands of Advantage plans.

Commissions are paid on time every week. Quality Leads provided. Superior Training & Support.

All past issues that could be resolved, have been resolved.

If you are a serious Producer - take another look. If you have any questions or concerns - give me a call. I'll get them answered for you . . .

Thanks for the plug Amtrak - love ya buddy . . .

I think Med Supps lend well to home sales. I also think term life does well.

FE apparently does good. My concern is that persistency kind of sucks with FE in optimum conditions at around 85%.

It’s easier to lapse something that already has a high lapse rate when you don’t have an in person connection with someone.

That being said, I don’t sell FE (but I have sold industrial in the past.) if others are having a good experience selling FE at home, then I would follow what they do.

To me, and just a personal opinion, FE is a hard sales life that I don’t really want to deal with. If FE is your passion, then absolutely go for it. Industrial really turned me off of low income homes and it doesn’t fit with my goals.

However, industrial is like poor mans FE. Like, I don’t have a bank account insurance.
Selling FE telesales usually uses internet sales and they are a different clientele, most of them have money. I've only had one lapse so far in the past 8 months and it was a 5K ap case where the kids were paying the dads FE policy.

Selling FE telesales usually uses internet sales and they are a different clientele, most of them have money. I've only had one lapse so far in the past 8 months and it was a 5K ap case where the kids were paying the dads FE policy.

That may be true. I base my FE experience on f2f and industrial, which sucks.

Here's the thing, We turn on new agents. We provide them resources. Like trainers, etc. But I always use the analogy that you need to climb Mt. Everest. We provide the Sherpas to help carry your load from Base camp 1-3. But at some point as a Part time agent, you will recognize that you get stuck often bouncing back and forth from base camp 2 and 3. Never going for the summit. Because you don't have a singular focus. At some point you are caught in a winter storm, you cant breathe, you are sick of the food. Winter in the Himalayas is coming and you are not doing what it takes to get to the top. Your learning curve is Mt. Everest. Your IA agency is Mt. Everest. You can't go back down in the morning to do your day job and try to summit Mt. Everest at night or quickly, or haphazardly. You got to sell your car, get to the Himalayas, train, buy supplies, get your mind and body ready and take 3 months and go do it completely.

What?

Insurance isn't mountain climbing . . .

I’m conflicted about this response. Since this guy is super new, I think dealing with the rejection of cold calling is a good idea. It also gets him used to the phone in a sales environment. And he’s not committed yet.

Get with the right IMO and cold calling is in the past . . .

I think you didn’t read the rest of the post where I note it’s a waste of his time when he becomes an agent.

He should farm that out if he wants TM leads. He should be maximizing his limited time with leads, not cold calling himself.

Also, CC has a positive ROI. As long as he’s making money and wants to do it, that’s his call.

Of course that's debatable but for some they are a option. As for the commission argument why aren't commission's level across the board industry wide.

They do their commission structure per their business model. Also depending on the company if they are not captive agents can contract directly with carries that will take them.

Then there's the issue of basic training. Did you see I mentioned basic training..Yes product knowledge may be limited to company presentations but people can take it or leave it..

Is it better not to mention the option when someone is looking for a way in? Is it fair to not allow the individual to make their own yes or no decision? Who knows that option just may be the right fit for that person. If it's a bad fit they will figure it out like others have.

Great Point . . .

Back