As a "side hustle"?

Your IMO gets paid on your sales.

Find one that can advise you on these questions and make them earn their overrides.

You say that you've played the "SEO game".

Set up a website for yourself, pump out content, get backlinks, and then start generating insurance leads.

As you know, that method takes time which allows you to keep doing design while working towards your goal.

Aged leads are great practice but keep your eye on the prize.

Aged leads sound interesting to me, from a practice perspective, from what I have read.

I am still ignorant though; how does this work? I get a list of aged leads for what? 1.50/ea. I semi-cold call them and try to write them a policy, and I can do all of this over the phone/online?

So I can buy and exhaust a few hundred $$$ in aged leads, sell what I can, then rinse and repeat?

Gotcha. So how does a person go about picking an FMO? Is there like a big FMO database to pick through?
Some people on this forum may be able to make suggestions.

Google what you're looking for as well. An FMO that ranks highly MAY know what they're doing regarding SEO.

Interview them like they're looking for a job.

After all, they should be working for you.

Aged leads sound interesting to me, from a practice perspective, from what I have read.

I am still ignorant though; how does this work? I get a list of aged leads for what? 1.50/ea. I semi-cold call them and try to write them a policy, and I can do all of this over the phone/online?

So I can buy and exhaust a few hundred $$$ in aged leads, sell what I can, then rinse and repeat?
You can do pretty much what you've described but I can't comment further as I have no first hand experience.

Aged leads are essentially cold leads, which there’s nothing wrong with that.

However, stop worrying about leads right now. You’re not even talking about your product selection yet.

This is a business, not a job.

Are you doing FE? That’s not a great over the phone product. You actually have to sell FE and need every advantage you can get. To keep it on the books.

Selling Med Supps? What’s the MA penetration in your area?

Selling Med Advantage? Are you certified? Do you know you can’t cold call for appointments?

Start with the product. No one here can give you direction without that first.

Aged leads are essentially cold leads, which there’s nothing wrong with that.

However, stop worrying about leads right now. You’re not even talking about your product selection yet.

This is a business, not a job.

Are you doing FE? That’s not a great over the phone product. You actually have to sell FE and need every advantage you can get. To keep it on the books.

Selling Med Supps? What’s the MA penetration in your area?

Selling Med Advantage? Are you certified? Do you know you can’t cold call for appointments?

Start with the product. No one here can give you direction without that first.

What’s a good product to sell over the phone?

What’s a good product to sell over the phone?

Yellow page ads.

In all seriousness, wrong question. The question should be what market do I want to work in?

Why? Med sups are a great product to sell over the phone, but seniors are suspicious af because of shifty people trying to sell them something constantly.

You have to provide value first. You have to understand Medicare. You have to be credible.

Yellow page ads.

In all seriousness, wrong question. The question should be what market do I want to work in?

Why? Med sups are a great product to sell over the phone, but seniors are suspicious af because of shifty people trying to sell them something constantly.

You have to provide value first. You have to understand Medicare. You have to be credible.

Ok got it, thanks.

I think I did a poor job in asking the question though. Let’s assume the majority of leads come from people you personally know or meet in your community or people who have shown interest by filling out a web form asking for more info/quote. Are there products that sell easier over the phone than setting up an in person meeting?

10 years in and I’m still not good at selling over the phone. Referrals are easy to do over the phone if they don’t want to meet but don’t think you can get a lead, call them and just sign them up. I tried it for several months and the amount of time and calls it took to get one sale wasn’t worth it IMO.
I did much better on Direct mail lead cards and now I do seminars. I don’t have to do outbound calls and the people seem more interested. You’ll find what works for you after trial and error. We can’t know which works best for you.

Back