As a "side hustle"?

Xrac?

Don't see him around much any more

No Xrac owns a car service business. He never did go with insurance. He was in it a few years when he was young but that was before the forum days. He was very, very interested in getting back in. Even a bit obsessed with it for a while there. But I think his Auto repair business was doing to well too make a leap into the unknown. He just never did do it.

If you ever need a trusty auto service, I highly recommend Car-X. Great people.

Last edited:
As a note, I was PT November through December and went FT in January when my income from solely insurance exceeded my job. It can be done but not everybody will lol.
I know that when Rob came to this site with his hair on fire (all over the place) but after he got settled into his lane, the dude is killing it.

After meeting him and knowing his production (sorry Rob, your upline told me you're the man), he is 100% legit.

I know that when Rob came to this site with his hair on fire (all over the place) but after he got settled into his lane, the dude is killing it.

After meeting him and knowing his production (sorry Rob, your upline told me you're the man), he is 100% legit.
Thanks Ray ! It was awesome meeting you and everyone else.

So walk me through how this would work:

I am pretty sure I want to sell Life and Health. I live in a small town with a huge senior population.

So, I take the courses and get licensed. What then? I reach out to an FMO and start working with them. Then what should I do? I can build a site and work on SEO. I know that stuff already.

Should I get some aged leads for cheap and just start working those?

When you buy leads, are they anywhere in your state? Would I just be closing and writing everything over the phone?

Sounds like you want to be Jeff Root a few years too late...

For the OP:

Reality is, you can 100% do insurance part-time IF you're dedicated and IF you're working leads of people who actually want to buy (as in - they came through your website and are immediately responsive). It also becomes immensely easier if you're only selling over the phone/online.

You also have to be willing to quickly (after a few days) abandon the leads that aren't ready. You can still nurture them, but if you have another job, it is really hard to do anything but automated drip once you have a significant amount of inbound leads.

My 2 cents (and someone who is currently doing this...)

I really want to focus on selling over the phone/online. I want to sell health insurance and I do happen to live in a town with a ton of retirees (this location has a very low cost of living and very mild climate that is attractive to a lot retirees from California). I am happy to sell in person, meeting with clients at their home/coffee shop/whatever.

Working from home mainly appeals to me because I can still do some web design work if time permits.

So, let's say I get licensed and I get set up with an FMO. Obviously it will take a while to generate some inbound marketing; I've certainly played the SEO game before.

So, what do I do in the meantime? Should I focus my time on some cheap aged leads and just get good at selling?

So walk me through how this would work:

I am pretty sure I want to sell Life and Health. I live in a small town with a huge senior population.

So, I take the courses and get licensed. What then? I reach out to an FMO and start working with them. Then what should I do? I can build a site and work on SEO. I know that stuff already.

Should I get some aged leads for cheap and just start working those?

When you buy leads, are they anywhere in your state? Would I just be closing and writing everything over the phone?
1. Get licensed
2. Figure out what you want to sell Every product has a different market and it's easier to just focus on one (FE,MP,Term,Medicare supps,etc)
3. Find an IMO that specifically focuses on that product and have them teach you there process
4.???
5. Profit.

Insurance isn't a complicated business just don't reinvent the wheel.

I really want to focus on selling over the phone/online. I want to sell health insurance and I do happen to live in a town with a ton of retirees (this location has a very low cost of living and very mild climate that is attractive to a lot retirees from California). I am happy to sell in person, meeting with clients at their home/coffee shop/whatever.

Working from home mainly appeals to me because I can still do some web design work if time permits.

So, let's say I get licensed and I get set up with an FMO. Obviously it will take a while to generate some inbound marketing; I've certainly played the SEO game before.

So, what do I do in the meantime? Should I focus my time on some cheap aged leads and just get good at selling?
Your IMO gets paid on your sales.

Find one that can advise you on these questions and make them earn their overrides.

You say that you've played the "SEO game".

Set up a website for yourself, pump out content, get backlinks, and then start generating insurance leads.

As you know, that method takes time which allows you to keep doing design while working towards your goal.

Aged leads are great practice but keep your eye on the prize.

1. Get licensed
2. Figure out what you want to sell Every product has a different market and it's easier to just focus on one (FE,MP,Term,Medicare supps,etc)
3. Find an IMO that specifically focuses on that product and have them teach you there process
4.???
5. Profit.

Insurance isn't a complicated business just don't reinvent the wheel.

Gotcha. So how does a person go about picking an FMO? Is there like a big FMO database to pick through?

Back