As a "side hustle"?

Dave’s gone full on marketer now. Getting that IMO, books, and Inner Circle gig going.

Maybe in a few years when I have proof of concept I’ll sell everyone a marketing subscription too...

“How to work hard in a wetsuit”

Mike Nelson (Sea Hunt)
lloyd-bridges-sea-hunt-1.jpg

Dave’s gone full on marketer now. Getting that IMO, books, and Inner Circle gig going.

Maybe in a few years when I have proof of concept I’ll sell everyone a marketing subscription too...

Sounds like you want to be Jeff Root a few years too late...

For the OP:

Reality is, you can 100% do insurance part-time IF you're dedicated and IF you're working leads of people who actually want to buy (as in - they came through your website and are immediately responsive). It also becomes immensely easier if you're only selling over the phone/online.

You also have to be willing to quickly (after a few days) abandon the leads that aren't ready. You can still nurture them, but if you have another job, it is really hard to do anything but automated drip once you have a significant amount of inbound leads.

My 2 cents (and someone who is currently doing this...)

I’ve been meaning to buy his book. I’m probably doing exactly what he suggests, but I’ve never read it.

He figured all of this out 5-6 years ago (longer, but that's when he started this business plan) and had a site for a long time creating websites for agents and giving them a marketing/content plan.

I think that it was genius because so many people buy sites/books and never follow up, he wasn't even creating competition for himself (since he was personally producing and marketing for new clients mainly online).

I will say that almost all of those who stuck to Jeff's direction are killing it.

Now that he has his own IMO (https://digitalbga.com/) he doesn't offer that anymore but you can sign up for his conference next year where we all get together and discuss these concepts.

I just got back yesterday, here was the lineup: Digital Life Insurance Agent Mastermind

Several million dollars in production in one room (with multiple agents doing 500k+ and a few doing 1m+, all online). The event was awesome.

There were some people there who do medicare too, even though the main focus is life (I only do DI but still found a ton of value).

It is mainly a marketing conference, not an insurance one. If you're serious about this path, you may want to reach out to Jeff (@JRoot) since you probably have a lot of cross-sale life opportunities in your growing book as well.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I don’t necessarily think my plan is original. I actually really shifted my focus to pull vs push after I had a conversation with a different agent on this forum.

I do think it’s something that most insurance agents haven’t embraced yet. You can always sell knowledge, even if it’s common to you.

Latest posts

Back