ASAPquotes and Benepath

Around the time I stopped buying leads I put a quote into one of those sites; diabetic health insurance site. The vendor told me they need those leads for agents who work the mini med market.

Low and behold I put in for a quote and get the lead. Funny, I wasn't working the mini med market.

I contacted the vendor. They initially told me that it must be an error. I came back with "ok, so this will be corrected and if I put in for another quote next week I won't receive the lead."

Then it got nasty - thinly veiled threats about putting in "fake quotes" and causing harm to their business. They certainly didn't want anyone poking into their affiliates.

Finally they broke down and admitted that I might receive "some leads" from people going to those kinds of affiliate sites but that's fine since I might be able to write one or more members of the family. And that just because the husband might be diabetic it doesn't mean I can't write the spouse.

That was around 2007 and I knew the fix was in with internet leads.

I was also tracking two things over the years:

1) Far less intelligent leads
2) Huge drop in the percentage of people who didn't answer and bogus phone numbers with valid emails (since a bogus phone with a valid email means no return for most vendors I started smelling a huge rat.)

You guys act like this is something new. Must be newbies?

Not a newbie, just trying to help out...

I buy from one lead source... "exclusives" but I get them for a great price (less than $13). I only get a couple a week, but coupled with my own site and other marketing sources, that's plenty. Probably close about 1 in 7 or 8 (ROI is about 300% - 400% based upon 1st years comm. only).

For fun I Google "Badger Care" in Wisconsin and fill out quote request forms on PPC ads. I then email any agents that email me back that their lead source uses Badger Care as a keyword... Most lead companies are scum.

Not a newbie, just trying to help out...

I buy from one lead source... "exclusives" but I get them for a great price (less than $13). I only get a couple a week, but coupled with my own site and other marketing sources, that's plenty. Probably close about 1 in 7 or 8 (ROI is about 300% - 400% based upon 1st years comm. only).

For fun I Google "Badger Care" in Wisconsin and fill out quote request forms on PPC ads. I then email any agents that email me back that their lead source uses Badger Care as a keyword... Most lead companies are scum.

I know several agents who live in Wisconsin and they have been complaining that a lot of the leads they receive are for BadgerCare.

Latest posts

Back