Asking if a Convenient Time to Talk

btw....most people hate telemarketers. I refuse to be a telemarketer. So I don't dial for dollars anymore or any such cold calling.

That is furthest from the truth. People will take your call if you talk to them - not blast your message without saying hello. Cold calling works, but like anything else it is not easy.

Cold Calling Tips:

Speak Extra loud when prospect answers...to the point where they have to hold phone away from their head.
Always call from your speakerphone, preferably while in the car and driving.
Tell prospects that you have a special deal for them only available today.
If you get another call while speaking with prospect, tell them to hold and switch calls.
when they say they need to think about it, question their manlihood or vice versa
Tell prospect you are only calling them once so they better listen the first time.
Tell an inappropriate joke
Ask for the "man" of the house.
:yes:

Saying "I know you are busy......." is great but giving them a way out is something that should be avoided at all costs. As someone mentioned, if they are "too busy" they aren't picking up in the first place.

There really is no write way or wrong way to make the call. In the grand scheme of things, all different sorts of methods are being used to call prospects and sales are being made with all different methods no matter what the method. To say that one method is correct would mean that all other methods are wrong and we know that simply isn't true.

The people or in our case, agents, tend to fail to prospect more than prospects fail to buy, especially using phones to cold call. Some methods should have better results than others but people who don't buy or listen to you today might buy or listen to you next month. You have to decide who you want to be. Do you want to be the guy that leaves the door open with your prospect or the guy who says it's all or nothing, RIGHT NOW?

You have to decide when you start making calls which could go into the hundreds, whether or not you want to get "I'm not interested" or "right now is not a good time". The latter leaves the door open for you to ask "when would be the best time to speak" and when you call back you won't be calling 'so cold' (at least I don't feel like I am).

Last edited:
Back