Assurant Fined

Well if you don't think $344 with Aetna is a lowball then come talk to me in a few years. I bit down on the carrot with Aetna in '04 and now I look like a jackass to my clients. I like selling my clients policies - not renting them.

Well if you don't think $344 with Aetna is a lowball then come talk to me in a few years. I bit down on the carrot with Aetna in '04 and now I look like a jackass to my clients. I like selling my clients policies - not renting them.

Agreed. Fortunately, my retention ratio is one of the highest of active agents in this area. Certainly, some of that is due to most agents not staying in the business as long as I.

Aetna's policy has less coverage than most others, which is why they're not our #1 choice...even at those rates.

Aetna, of course, has the goofy 5-year rate band, that nobody else has in Ohio (exc. Nwide). When a 44 year-old has a renewal...they get hammered twice!

Exactly. It didn't take me too long to see that clients simply want to say with the coverage you sold them. That's one of the reasons I'm pro-Assurant because the 10% healthy discount is nice, plus the renewal options other companies don't offer. I had a block of GR business but same crap - hammered at renewals with no escape route. So for me it's not about who's the cheapest. It's about who I can sell that clients can stick with for years and years.

How long you been selling health? You sound like you really know your stuff inside and out. Pretty rare.

Sorry. It's like Ice Age where you think you're only Mammoth then discover a heard. I know there's a lot of agents out there kicking butt selling health, but it's nice to actually meet some. It's a downer talking to people who go: "I got 50 leads and haven't close a deal."

Back