At Fault Due to Weather?

Well I hit ice and my car could not stop. You can call that hydroplaning or not. That's up to you. There were thousands of accidents today. When I called the police, they could not file a police report today since we were not injured and there were too many other accidents to tend to. The accident range is in the thousands. Southerners never see snow, so no, we do not know how to handle this weather. We also do not have people regularly tending to the roads, either. My car is front wheel drive, if that helps you any. I just talked to the insurance adjuster, and he said that since there were so many wrecks today due to ice and snow that they deem is a catastrophic loss and not surcharge me.
A rear wheel drive vehicle does not handle well on snow and ice. I am at my daughter's in Tennessee and about 2 inches of snow fell yesterday. It paralyzed the place and I actually stayed over an extra night to avoid the mess.

Last edited:
When you hit solid ice, you got "no wheel" drive. You could also pull the steering wheel off and throw it out the window. The car is going where's it's going.

Ice is not fun to drive on. The only thing that gives traction is chains or studs. However, not driving too fast, not following to class, only lightly tapping the brakes we usually result in no problems unless one happens to be in steep curvy terrain. I expect to be driving on ice in the morning.

Back