At the tone . . .

I dont give up

The nicest case I ever wrote took me 20 years to close. I started calling on an account when I lived in Birmingham in the late 70's. After moving to Atlanta I still traveled to Birmingham and would on occasion stop by the business just to see if things had changed.

One day in 1996 the owner called me in to his office. After a few minutes of pleasantry and talking about folks we both knew, I asked if he was ready to make a change.

Indeed he was.

He was tired of the run around from his current carrier and was ready to move everything. (He was a TPA with several large accounts). He gave me every one of his January renewals to work on. Some of the accounts had fleas while others were outstanding risks.

I pitched the underwriter on the idea of reviewing as a block and making an all or nothing pitch. Either we would get all the accounts or none.

He accepted our offer and we picked up several accounts at once. That block alone paid me $5,000 per month in commissions. Over the years some of the plans dropped off while others remained. I lost my last case in January of this year when my monthly commissions had dropped to $600 per month. Over the 10 years I had him as a client I earned well over $400,000.

Sometimes persistence pays and pays very well.

Laurie, I agree with John Petrowski and Bob levene regarding phone calls. I think persistence can lead to problems. In all the Verizon telephone directories ther are instructions on what to do if you receive annoying calls.i.e., dial *57 for Call Trace. That sends the number to the Verizon Unlawful Call Center. Furthermore, they advise contacting local law enforcement agencies. Of course this relates to harassing/abusive calls, but the definition is in the ears of the beholder (15-20 calls!).

For the party making the calls there is *60 for call blocking that prevents the Caller ID information. The line can be blocked for all calls for $10 per month., except 911 and 800 calls. But the recipient may still find the calls abusive.

Just my 50 cents (used to be a dime).:cool:

At the tone...

You guys must not have read my last post.. 20 calls over the course of a year or LONGER.. is NOT harrassing.

Further more, I have a background in corporate security --- a four year degree in criminal justice a minor in private security and helped to set up security site surveys for fortune 500 companies in the event of contract negotiations, labor disputes, high-risk terminations, bombs threats, harrassing-disgruntled workers---employees, and terrorists!

I helped manage a 287 person crisis management team across the country...

In my "spare time" I transcribe polygraph examinations for an area polygraphist for cities, municipalities, privately owned and publicly traded companies. I have been involved in background checks through various banks, and employee assignments including major money transfers etc.

I am NEVER harrassing anyone for any reason.

My whole point is persistence. Read what you will and think what you want... as I mentioned before..

I have never had an agent tell me he needed more LEADS.

If anything I have had my agents tell me to cool it. Also every client that I have ever obtained was on my being professional, selling my personality, myself and the product...

At the tone..

Your question does not even deserve an answer... I am sure that others viewing the forum will agree. If you want to say you win then that is fine .. YOU win.

Do you feel better now? I am not a bully therefore, I dont conduct myself in that matter. I will say.. you are pretty funny though.

Sharing information about someones pay check is probably one of the most immature things one can do.

I will add this though....

I am happy with my salary. I am happy with who I work for and with my life.

I will retire with more than most people because I work hard and I dont do anything illegal or immoral. I AM NOT SAYING YOU DO!

Most people that discuss money and what they make and what they spend... usually DON'T have it.

I dont discuss it.... : )

As mentioned in an earlier post.. I pulled accounts from a financial advisor for being rude, crude and not DOING HIS Job. He will EARN my money back. IF he gets it back at all.

No, you got me all wrong. I was not asking for any pay comparison. What I was simply asking was whether or not your system works. Pay is not an indicator of success anyway. There are ethical agents making 80K and unethical whores making 200K.

Here is a key question that I have got to know the answer to and I'm sure it will benefit the rest of forum.....

Laurie.......how do you keep track of the clients throughout the year (excel, Act, etc.)?

Back