Auto Accident Insurance Claim Question?

musman

Two months ago my sister was driving my car. She was 8 months pregnant and had a baby on back seat. when someone hit her from back. policy came and the other lady who hit her from back was on fault.
They took my sister to ER whereas baby stayed with us and didn't go to ER.
We filed a claim and got our car fixed.
Since she had medicaid so medicaid all of her ER bills. Just now she has started severe back pain. She saw doctor and doctor says that its because of the accident she ran into.
When she went back to other insurance guys, they said listen, I can pay you what medicaid paid for you. And can pay you partially for your treatment and 1500 in suffring but if medicaid comes to us for money I would direct them to you.
We spoke with attorney and they say that case is not that strong and we wont be getting much and I would hv to negotiate by myself, no attorney would take this case.
What are your thoughts on that?
If I negotiate what should I ask for?

Two months ago my sister was driving my car. She was 8 months pregnant and had a baby on back seat. when someone hit her from back. policy came and the other lady who hit her from back was on fault.
They took my sister to ER whereas baby stayed with us and didn't go to ER.
We filed a claim and got our car fixed.
Since she had medicaid so medicaid all of her ER bills. Just now she has started severe back pain. She saw doctor and doctor says that its because of the accident she ran into.
When she went back to other insurance guys, they said listen, I can pay you what medicaid paid for you. And can pay you partially for your treatment and 1500 in suffring but if medicaid comes to us for money I would direct them to you.
We spoke with attorney and they say that case is not that strong and we wont be getting much and I would hv to negotiate by myself, no attorney would take this case.
What are your thoughts on that?
If I negotiate what should I ask for?

Well, if you say this is real, I will reply, I dont believe you.

How do you have a baby ON back seat?
How does the policy come to the scene?
How is someone ON fault?
They would have probally NEVER took the mom to the hospital and not the baby, especially after a rear-end cash.
How did Medicaid Medicaid all her bills?
How did she run into accident?
Insurance company said they would pay her what Medicaid paid her?
No attorny would take a car crash accident claim?

Sorry, your entire scenario makes ZERO sense, unless, you are forgein and just dont speak the English Language well, which cold make sense, but nothing makes sense,

I havent seen injury claims paid in 2 months, I certainly havent ever seen Medicaid pay that quickly, and I really havent seen a injury lawyer turn down a rear-end crash, ESPECIALLY involving a 8 month pregnant lady!

Again, no offense if this is true, but I doubt it

Hopefully, your sister (and baby) will be fine. This is always tough....

To set the record straight....
The amount of money that Medicaid paid due to the accident is due to Medicaid, not to you. This is not free money to you. Medicaid will pursue this in all likelihood and the insurance company would not normally pay this directly to you unless it is released by Medicaid.

Beyond that, if she is still in pain, don't settle. You really don't need a lawyer, sounds like it is being taken care of.

What should you ask for?
- All medical bills related to the accident get covered (this would not include the birth, that was a different accident).
- Any lost wages due to the accident.
- Recovery of any expenses related to the accident.

Be careful of pain and suffering settlements. This can get your sister removed from other state benefits (such as medicaid) which may be more problematic than the settlement is worth. You would have to talk to your sisters social worker to find out what the rules are for this.

Dan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
By the way, if the baby was born on the backseat, why didn't it go to the hospital ER? Even without the accident, it should have.

Just curious.....

Dan

Last edited:
Dan,

I think he is saying a previous baby was in the backseat, not that she had the baby in the back seat.

Not sure, I just dont believe this story

Hmm, something about 8 months pregnant, accident, baby on backseat.... maybe I did misread this.

Not sure why having an accident is such a hard story to believe. Okay, the auto spell check that was done (things like policy instead of police) is annoying, but I find no reason to think the accident didn't happen.

Make up the story, why does this matter to me? Its a bit of a waste of time, sure, but worrying about it is a bigger waste of time. If I thought the story was made up, I'd ignore it (like I've decided to do with the annuity agent story).

Dan

I think the bigger red flag for me thinking it is fake, is he cant find a lawyer to take the case.

8 months preggo,
child in back seat,
Medicare paid so quick...

None of it adds up. Any lawyer will take this case, what if mom suddenly goes into labor and something is wrong with the child, they COULD tie that back to the car accident, same with the baby, hard to DX babies and soft tissue injuries.....

IDK, something has my radar up on this one.

hey i am his sister i would love to give u the answers

me and my one yr old was in car he was in the back car seat .
The police man came there and he issued a statment thats say " it was her fault"
the other girl she hit the back on the bumper side
they send me the hospital because i felt pain downward my tummy and when i got there the nurse can see the pain. the doctors put me in er for 6 hrs
I did not take my one yr to the hospital because he was sleeping in his car seat
because if u pregnant they responsible to pay ur all bills
and medicaid know that i was involve in the car accident
i was on the stop sign to making sure the way is clear i stop but the other lady did not she coming on her normal speed

they said they will pay me the medicaid bill and medicaid gonna ask that money because they know that

i think it will might help u . i cannot write the whole story because my little one is crying so i have to go
thnks for giving me the answers

these are the answers which has been asked by red blooded american

Last edited:
LMAO!

I definately dont believe this.
For one, a child in a car seat, ALWAYS went to the ER with mom, IN THE CAR SEAT, yes, I worked on an ambulance, and we did this virtually everytime.

Second, why are you on medicaid?

How in the living hell, can a nurse SEE PAIN? LMAO! You can see an injury, but you cant see pain.

because if u pregnant they responsible to pay ur all bills, UMMMMMMMMM, so if you werent pregnant, they wouldnt pay?

Anyway, still saying, this is spam, but whatever, I feel bad for you if you were in the crash, but I just dont believe you

Back