BACON IS FOR CLOSERS...

The challenge with eating meat (all kinds) and swimming meat is the stuff THEY eat is concentrated in the muscle tissue. If they eat pesticides you are getting mega doses of the poison.

Good point. However, unless you are growing your own home grown organic veggies, you are likely getting far more chemical junk through your plant foods than your animal foods.

There is a body of growing evidence that meat-only is optimal for human health. And that roughage can very easily be overdone (the USDA currently has no limit on dietary cholesterol but limits daily dietary fiber intake), and studies have shown that too much fiber causes ... wait for it ... constipation of all things!

Most meats grown in the US are not fed antibiotics and are not treated with hormones. The plants these animals eat have the same pesticide profile as the plants we eat, and like us, those pesticides tend to get washed out through the urine or concentrate in organs far more than muscle (which is why we have plenty of cases of kidney and liver and brain cancer but very rarely does someone actually get a tumor in the muscle tissue.

Hi. I'm David. And since June I am a carnivore. I can't tell you the last time I ate a plant, other than it was probably May or June of this year (I'm thinking it was June). I may have had something plant sourced over the summer, but for the life of me I do not recall having anything but meat for almost six months.

Here is (was) my dinner tonight:

IMG_1841 (1).JPG

Not the best picture perhaps (I'm just an FE salesman, after all) ... this is oyster, shrimp, and bacon stew. The main ingredients were 8 ounces wild caught oysters, 8 wild caught shrimp, 8 slices of great value bacon from Wally World, 8 ounces of heavy cream, 1 ounce of kerry gold butter, and the liquid from the oysters. I did season it with celery salt, paprika, white pepper, and thyme - so not completely "plant free'" I suppose, but close enough to piss off Dr McDougall and his vegan cultists.

I try to limit my fish and seafood to "wild caught." However, I do like Tilapia, and good luck finding any of that fish that isn't farmed in some filthy Asian fish hatchery. I eat some "grass fed" beef, though I find it too lean and too tough (and frankly, too expensive) most of the time, so I prefer good old grain fed rib eye steaks and roasts, and chuck roast also. I know we talk about the bacon diet, but I eat a lot more than bacon. In fact, I am probably down to only two or three pounds of bacon per week, and usually my wife or my kids will snatch half of that from me before I can get it all down (no one in my family eats seafood but for me and my oldest daughter - and she is away at school right now, which is why my picture is just one lonely bowl of stew - tonight the rest of my family had pizza).

From everything I have read and lectures I have seen and heard from both sides of the food aisle, I have become close to convinced that 100% carnivorous is probably optimal for human health. However, I also think a whole foods omnivore diet is also a good choice for those who do not have health problems linked to plant consumption. I do think a vegan diet is a poor and distant third choice behind carnivore or whole foods omnivore, but likely better than the standard American diet of cookies, crackers, cakes, ice cream, and hyper processed grains and starches and buckets of sugar.

Eat meat, drink water ... and coffee.

Last edited:
Nitraes/Nitrites & The Great Bacon Debate

Compare the Nitrate content of some common veggie foods to some common meats and you may be surprised. For example, lettuce averages 1079 mg/kg, whereas bacon averages only 166 mg/kg

Most of what we are ed to believe about food and health is the result of either bad science or outright lies and deceptions by companies and government agencies that have an anti-meat agenda.
NITRATES.JPG

Nitraes/Nitrites & The Great Bacon Debate

Compare the Nitrate content of some common veggie foods to some common meats and you may be surprised. For example, lettuce averages 1079 mg/kg, whereas bacon averages only 166 mg/kg

Most of what we are ed to believe about food and health is the result of either bad science or outright lies and deceptions by companies and government agencies that have an anti-meat agenda.
View attachment 4823
That's interesting. I buy "clean" natural bacon with no nitrites. (Kroger has Hormel or Oscar Mayer. Walmart only has the Hormel, but it's cheaper there.) It is more expensive, but I'm only eating a couple slices with eggs for breakfast. The beef jerky I buy to eat during the day is an old fashioned "dry" jerky with no sugar curing or nitrites. Even on keto you can avoid the harmful chemicals even if you can't completely eliminate them.

Thank yo sir. You just saved me 31 minutes. :yes:

I hadn't weighed myself in a while. I jst did, and even with my clothes on(no shoes), I've lost another 5 pounds, so really 8-9. I don't want to l se any more weight. What do you suggest?:huh:

Easy one, do a simple novice strength training program if you haven't done one in a while.
You very likely lost at least some lean muscle mass along with the fat. Recoup it and then some without adding inches to the waist. Also allows you to up the cals a little. :yes:

Easy one, do a simple novice strength training program if you haven't done one in a while.
You very likely lost at least some lean muscle mass along with the fat. Recoup it and then some without adding inches to the waist. Also allows you to up the cals a little. :yes:

I agree that strength training can only improve health, I would doubt that he has lost any lean muscle mass as this was not a calorie restricted, plant-based diet. A diet that is meat heavy will very likely have more than adequate protein to allow his body to have the necessary amino acids for re-building and tissue repair.

Now, the guy you should be talking to is Doug Massi, because one thing even most normal doctors will tell you is that vegan diets tend to be muscle wasting diets without protein supplementation and calisthenics and/or weight training.

12 Week Fat Destroyer: Complete Fat Loss Workout & Diet Program

Disclaimer: I do not look like the guy in the picture...
...he has much more hair than I do. :laugh:

I've been following the above diet plan... mixed with gym days...
2nd week on the diet... about 2 1/2 months at the gym
I am seeing some gains... biggest pluses for me so far is renewed energy, and a lifestyle shift from high carbs and too much sugar intake to enjoying clean eating...

Oh, and a cheat meal on Sunday... otherwise I would go nuts :goofy:

Back