Bankers Life and Casualty?

Where can you get information on working with Great American, either as captive or independent? I don't see anything on their website about it other than home office opportunities and a place for agents to log in.

Weiss ratings consistently lists Bankers in the worst 25 in the county, always E or E- rating.

Food for thought.

Some may not like weiss, but he is pretty accurate in his assessment
of the quality, and he is not funded by the companies, themselves.

Dave
www.davefluker.com

1-800-284-2898 is the number for great american senior benefits. You will just have to listen to the prompts. They are very nice there and have great service. Someone there can help you. They have the highest contracts I've seen for a captive place.

1-800-284-2898 is the number for great american senior benefits. You will just have to listen to the prompts. They are very nice there and have great service. Someone there can help you. They have the highest contracts I've seen for a captive place.

Maybe we should start a new thread for Great American with all the posts about it. What products do they offer besides med supps?

What are the advantages of being captive with them as opposed to independent?

Well for me I don't see the advantage to being captive with them anymore. But they have med supps with CRL, CGI,Provident, United Teachers, Great american and maybe loyal american. They sell LTC, Final Expense, Annuiteis fixed and indexed. they have a dental plan and they are talking about offering group insurance for the captive force.

They have training and most offices do well. They are suppose to provide you with leads. Mine did for about 6 months. Now I have to do everything myself. I am going independent because I have enough training and I pay for everything myself anyway.

Well for me I don't see the advantage to being captive with them anymore. But they have med supps with CRL, CGI,Provident, United Teachers, Great american and maybe loyal american. They sell LTC, Final Expense, Annuiteis fixed and indexed. they have a dental plan and they are talking about offering group insurance for the captive force.

They have training and most offices do well. They are suppose to provide you with leads. Mine did for about 6 months. Now I have to do everything myself. I am going independent because I have enough training and I pay for everything myself anyway.

With the exception of maybe Provident and Loyal American, I don't think their supps are competitive in LA. Don't know about the other products.

A lot of being captive has to do with the leads. Some companies do well with generating leads from TM, direct mail and other sources and some do not. Without decent leads there usually isn't much advantage in being captive, especially if you're having to pay everything yourself.

Opinion of Bankers Life and Casualty

Hi,

I was thinking about calling Bankers Life and Casualty to be an agent.

What is your honest opinion of their products?
Training?
Are they pushy to their clients?
Any advise?
What if I get in and don't like it? Is it hard to walk away?

Thanks,
Sagamore

Re: Opinion of Bankers Life and Casualty

No personal experience with this company however Weiss thinks they are bottom of the barrel in all areas of insurance they sell. Weiss knows his stuff.

Back