Bankers Life and Casualty?

Re: Opinion of Bankers Life and Casualty

Hi Guys and Gals...this is officially my first post...Glad to be here...thanks for having me.

I was a captive agent with Bankers Life last year. They called me out of the blue, I think they found my resume from Monster or Careerbuilder and saw that I was licensed. I figured I'd give it a try. The targeted the senior market selling medicare supplements. I was the only woman there...They sat me in a room with no windows and partitions spaces with a desk and a phone, an auto dialer and a script. They could monitor how many dials you made and if you didnt make enough dials in a certain time frame, they didnt want to pursue you. Having spent time working in customer service and high volume call centers, making calls is no big deal to me, so of course I made alot of dials.

I guess the senior market just isnt my thing. Not too interested in selling med supp, not to fond on driving everywhere in my gas guzzling Trooper, theres nice scenery here in TX, but I have children and better things to do than to waste time. I really dont anything too terrible to say about management, they were a great group of guys, one even spent some time to tell me his story and I was inspired enough to realize that selling insurance is how I want to help people, just not as a captive agent selling med supp.

That is my experience with Bankers.

Now I have a question for ya'll that I cant seem to find the answer to when I search...how can I find out more about Gary's dialer? I've been reading about that and wanted to check it out for myself.

TIA,
Brandy

Susie, 99% health, a life app here and there. Just learned how to "really" do the internet thing and there are some definite twists to it. But once you get it down there's nothing like it.

No personal experience with this company however Weiss thinks they are bottom of the barrel in all areas of insurance they sell. Weiss knows his stuff.

What are you, some kind of Weiss guy? Me, too! We all know what flows downhill and Bankers doesn't seem to be capable of gaining any altitude. Here's a shovel, you do the math. I do hear that Bankers is a nice place to get trained then leave. If you're there over 6-months, then you are catatonic and should see a physician ASAP.

I believe they are part of the AVIVA group of companies, but I haven't a clue what AVIVA's plans are, or if they even have any plans, for elevating Bankers out of the basement. Anybody know?

al3: In CA non-compete clauses are virtually worthless.

So true. In CA non-compete agreements are illegal and against public policy. I recall they were ruled as bad for business in CA, too. It's been accepted and loosely interpreted - I don't know if it's conventional wisdom at play or street lore - that the ruling went on to say that if a name is in the phonebook, then it is an open game to anyone to pursue those names as potential clients, i.e. you cannot be restricted from contacting names in the phonebook. On the other hand, I do not know if that implies that you cannot call anyone with an unlisted number as a potential client. Hmm, this is a conundrum. I suppose we will have to leave that for another day.

Sagamore..... go independent! You'll be able to offer your clients more, and make more money. Why are you scheduling appointments??? Get used to selling via the internet and you'll never go back to belly to belly. This past week I wrote close to $36,000 AV sitting at home in my sweat pants. Join the Association and learn how to do this.

Association? To which association do your refer?

Sorry, my bad. Of course you are referring to HealthAgent's excellent organization.

Last edited:

Yes, I'm helping Healthagent with it. It's exploding.

Yes, I'm helping Healthagent with it. It's exploding.

The Association guided you through the in's and out's of running a successful internet sales agency? That's fantastic and a ringing endorsement. Best success to you all.

No, the association didn't teach me that. I'm giving my newly learned expertise to the association.

No, the association didn't teach me that. I'm giving my newly learned expertise to the association.

Then I tip my hat to you, sir. Well done, and the best to your success.

Hi there,

I was reading your message and I couldn't help but notice you gave some intriguing advice. Could you explain to me a little more about this internet thing. I was really intrigue by what you said and would like more information if you would be willing to provide it.

I'm a new agent in Ohio and I'm looking for an edge. Thanks and enjoy the day.

Nttwrkz1

Lol - the association didn't teach Mr. C anything. Mr C's working with me to help built it and as a 21 year licensed agent and 15 year CE instructor he brings a lot to the table.

Back