BCBS FL 700 Plan (is this Not True Major Medical?)

This has been discussed before, did you get a chance to do a search and read the prior threads on this? If so, it the consensus it's not a true maj med, basic hosp/surg plan like Saver 80 from UHC.

This has been discussed before, did you get a chance to do a search and read the prior threads on this? If so, it the consensus it's not a true maj med, basic hosp/surg plan like Saver 80 from UHC.

Yes, I did read up on the past thread but didnt see where my main question was answered (that I recall). Since I didnt specify what my main question was, it is this:

If this is not a major medical policy, can someone give me an example or two of a major claim the client would be responsible for on this plan? The way I read it, she has a $250 ded. with a max out of pocket of $2,500. So....what examples can anyone give me where she would not be covered and/or go over the $2500 max oop that it states? What am I missing here?!??!?

I was speaking with someone and they said they had this plan. They wanted to switch to a major medical policy with BCBS and was then denied for some pre-exisiting conditions. I am assuming then that the 700 plan is not a fully underwritten plan? I looked at the SOB's found here: http://consumerdirect.bcbsfl.com/wp...ns Hospital Surgical Plus 700.pdf?MOD=AJPERES but I cant really figure it out. Any thoughts?

Timamr, the benefit summary you linked to describes a major medical plan because it limits what the insured pays for medical care, but does not limit what the insurance company pays. (Non-Major Meds work just the opposite.)

Perhaps the BCBS-FL 700 plan has changed (for the better) since the last time forum members analyzed it.
-ac

You client needs expensive MRI, CAT or PET scans that do not lead to hospitalization and surgery. The diagnostics won't be covered.
I would never sell this:yes: plan. Too many unanticipated consequences.
Why not sell a 533 534 or 537 Plans. Much better vaue and minimum headaches.

It would appear the policy has been updated for at some, if not all, Obamacare requirements including elimination of lifetime caps.

If the individual was denied for an "upgrade" due to pre-ex, then what is the purpose of your question?

You also make an assumption their plan was not initially underwritten. What is the basis for that assumption?

It would appear the policy has been updated for at some, if not all, Obamacare requirements including elimination of lifetime caps.

If the individual was denied for an "upgrade" due to pre-ex, then what is the purpose of your question?

You also make an assumption their plan was not initially underwritten. What is the basis for that assumption?

I wouldnt sell this plan either and Im in Florida. To many gray areas and BCBS of Florida's agent support gives us wrong answers all the time. i would stay clear of this plan. It is underwriten and a lot more expensive than when it first came out. I agree with Asher

Yes, plan is fully underwritten. After health care reform passed BC came out hastily with the 700 series. I have tried to shy a way from selling it, but have had to on a few occasions after a prospect has spoke with agents that just want a sale at all costs and there are many at BCBS call centers and also working from home that are on production quota's. It basically is a glorified hospital only plan and has very little coverage outside of hospital. I have heard this August when the rate increases come out for 700 series there is going to be shell shock. I have also heard these may go away completely.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was speaking with someone and they said they had this plan. They wanted to switch to a major medical policy with BCBS and was then denied for some pre-exisiting conditions. I am assuming then that the 700 plan is not a fully underwritten plan? I looked at the SOB's found here: http://consumerdirect.bcbsfl.com/wp...ns Hospital Surgical Plus 700.pdf?MOD=AJPERES but I cant really figure it out. Any thoughts?

They wanted to upgrade probably because they were diagnosed with a condition and at that point there will be no upgrading.

Last edited:
Back