BCBSTN Looking at More Steep Increases of 30%+

It's regional, but for the most part Small Group is profitable and IFP is not.

That is why I am curious what the increases will be for BCBSSC IFP. Aetna was really high and they are the #2 in this area... if BCBSSC is in the same 30% range for an increase there will be a lot of pissed off people.... makes me glad I dont sell individual health! Makes me mad though as someone who is forced to buy individual health... :1err:

Aetna is requesting up to 33% increases for on-exchange individual plans in SC.

Cigna is at almost 17%.

Hell, UHC is even requesting up to 17% on off exchange individual plans.

I haven't seen anything for BCBS increases yet for SC. But Ive had small groups renewing in the 7%-9% range.

Are you sure you're looking at 2017 filing data?

I haven't seen anything show up on SERFF or rate review at the FFM for SC, except for the withdrawals. And considering UHC filed to withdraw for 2017 both ON and OFF, I'm thinking you're may be looking at 2016 filings. The withdrawal filings are available on SERFF, fwiw.

Highmark Inc. wants to raise health insurance premiums by an average of up to 48 percent next year for plans the insurer sells to individuals and families on the Affordable Care Act's marketplace.

The Pennsylvania Insurance Department on Wednesday posted increases Highmark and other insurers requested for their ACA plans for 2017. The department will decide by October whether to adjust the rates, officials said.

The increases requested by Highmark, the state's largest insurer, averaged among the highest. Plans sold under the name Highmark Health Insurance Co., which cover about 20,000 people, would increase an average of 48 percent. Plans sold under the name Highmark Inc., which cover 39,000 people, would increase by an average 38 percent.

Highmark, UPMC propose higher Obamacare rates | TribLIVE

Back