Becoming a State Farm Agent

Many offices, yes...tons of clients?

See this thread: https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/state-farm-sure-packs-em-dense.98963/

Can you survive on a base of 12,200 people? That’s Portland’s population divided by the number of SF agencies here (49!). Not even factoring in the suburbs’ agencies. And that 12K includes homeless, babies, people who don’t own cars/homes, etc.

The way Portland is right now, once you remove all the homeless from 12,000 people, you've only got about 17 people left.

My wife has been working at State Farm for about a month now. She’s not actually the “agent” but works for him selling mainly P&C.

The thing is in Hardin County Kentucky where I live there’s 12 State Farm agents in the county. And this is a county of 110,000 people or so. That combined with all the other agencies that sell P&C and I don’t know how they make money.

But I guess McDonalds have locations close to each other and they do ok? The guy my wife works with must be making money though in order to keep his business going. Either that or he’s going into debt? I heard State Farm does loan their agents start up money in the beginning.
Seems there are SF agents everywhere. In my area two are diagonally across the street from each other and 3 more are within 2-3 miles of those 2.

Back