Becoming an AGLA Captive Vs. Special Representative

find a captive company that is not always hiring.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I’m actually impressed by your reply. If I’m correct it sounds like, AIG some big time company, that their money managers, manage billion of dollars,GOT FOOLED. You should know it doesn’t matter what I think. What’s important is what the client is thinking. I’m confident I know what they are thinking when I say “AIG owns’ AGLA”. All the IULs I have seen (15+years old, policy owners age 55-65) are to the dumps. I’m always asked the same question time and time again. “Why hasn’t my agent explained this to me?”
"Got fooled"? obviously you have never been lied to. you should be a ceo or president or something since you are so intelligent; instead of spouting on a forum when you are clueless. agla came out with an iul THIS year.
also aig was insuring the stock. i know this doesn't register in your brain because i was clear about that.
uls that are underfunded sink. :goofy:
aig probably owns your house and car too. someone from aig maybe screwin your wife. who knows?
their prices are good, they issue policies, and pay death claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
She did about $30,000 in the first calendar year and has told me this is her expectation and that she is actually running stronger than she expected. She has also inherited some business from other agents who have been promoted. She is writing a lot of small group voluntary stuff and was up late last night meeting with third shift nursing home workers down in Kentucky. She told me last week she was going to have to have to have some help because she can't get it all done. Just last week she had three small business agree to allow her to offer AGLA to their employees. She also approached a fourth business who is considering offering AGLA company wide and they have 300 employees. She is a hard worker, an exceptional commuicator, very non-threatening, and people enjoy talking to her. I saw her sit down with employees in an auto repair business and she wrote some business on everyone she met with which I don't think I could have done.

Souds like AGLA is the place to go for a newbie.. They have called me for an interview but I wanted to do some research on here first. Things sound good.

Thats encouraging.... Thanks for the info

It was not meant to be discouraging but only realistic that they churn and burn through a lot of agents. Personally I think chances of succeeding may be higher with someone like Combined.

if i had it to do over i would have started in pnc and stayed pnc. i make good money with financials, but i'm as good as my last sale. do special rep unless you need health insurance

I’m sorry if I offended anyone in this forum. Everyone here is probably well respected in their communities. This is starting to be a tennis match for me, and I want to change my approach to a constructive point of view. I had a very bad experience with an AGLA agent who was trying to replace policies on my books. I didn’t like his approach. This is my 1st experience going head to head with an AGLA IUL product. However I have seen many IUL, especially from stock companies or PNC insurance companies. So far, these policies are all the same no matter how you put it. My opinion is that it shouldn’t be considered long term instruments. Plus I don’t think it’s possible to have these policies supplement retirement income. IUL can still be a great product. I would recommend it on younger clients rather than old clients or replacements. Still, I think it should be backed up by a smaller WL policy with riders that lock in the client’s insurability. That way should the IUL not perform to its illustration, and I have seen many, the client has an opportunity to increase his WL and drop the IUL using 1035 exchange. I’m not sure how your company’s culture is, but with experience there are some things that we as agents need to think hard about. My suggestion to the green agent is to get in, work the field, and get your experience, because in this industry you’re not taught everything. You need to learn it for yourself. BEWARE OF THE KOOL-AID. Every company serves their exclusive flavor.

this sounds like the same post. lol. no one is offended. rba rubs me the wrong way on every post, but i pay attention to what he says. you gotta be thick skinned in this industry and this forum. those iuls may not run till 120, welcome to non guaranteed life insurance. if you go back and explain that to the customer with your own iul in hand that projects better numbers then why would you lose?

What are the free NFIB leads?
Idk what nfib stands for I guess. How good are they?

Last edited:
Back