Beginner's Guide to Insurance MLM

Discussion in 'Getting Started Selling Insurance' started by wfs, Apr 22, 2009.

1. somarco

somarco Guru

State:
    Georgia
  2. wfs

wfs Guru

Too funny! You remember him too! Not exactly MLM, but another get rich quick, go to my seminar, buy my books and videos pipe dream. Remember William McCorkle? He's in jail now. I actually bought his package back in 92 and actually returned it and got a refund. And who can forget Don LePre. These were the forefathers of infomercial financial schemes. Carlton Sheets, ah the list goes on.

:goofy:

3. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
  4. somarco

somarco Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Kevin Trudeau (Mr. Mega Memory) has been in so much hot water with the FTC, over and over again. He is like a vampire. You can't kill him.

He was in MLM (Nutrition for Life) then he got into infomercials. He pitched coral calcium, a product that was supposed to cure almost anything. When he got slapped around for that he came back with diet books, miracle cures . .. the list goes on.

What amazes me is the number of folks who have fallen for his pitch over and over again.

5. FL P&C Broker

FL P&C Broker Guru

State:
    Florida
    I can't stand Kevin Trudeau. They had a special on him on dateline or one of those shows and said that the FTC has banned him from selling any products on TV. He found the loophole by selling books, which are considered freedom of speech.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Are the Independent Producers of America/Independence Holding Group a MLM organization?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  6. joyngrady

joyngrady New Member

State:
    Florida
    Re: Beginner's Guide to Insurance

HELP. Any suggestions on Allstate vs MetLife? Have interviews with both. right now selling for agency and not happy with led source and commissions.

7. mjd6852

mjd6852 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    This is a VERY helpful Post.

I have seen in other posts that Universal American/PennLife/Senior Solutions have been mentioned as MLM's.

Is this true?

I am considering a position with this firm and do NOT want anything to do with a firm that is even PARTIALLY a MLM.

Thank you,

Mike

8. NoYesNo

NoYesNo New Member

State:
    Michigan
    they had to disallow post-posting edits for good reason.
    otherwise a spammer could post a bunch of 'normal' posts so they dont get immediately deleted. then when they are tucked away comfortably on page 2 of a thread, they edit the posts to include links and/or advertisements.

:1wink:

9. davidp711

davidp711 Super Genius

State:
    Florida
    Good stuff I was actually looking at IPA to start I interveiwed with them and they talk a good game and they even helped me get my license but I am not sure I want to go with them. I think any company that promises the moon and leads is ready to stab you in the back some how. Any ideas on a good IMO for a newbie?

10. stormtracker

stormtracker Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    There used to be a member who had a list of the FMO's to avoid. This kind of stuff is indispensable to agents.