Beginner's Guide to Insurance MLM

Too funny! You remember him too! Not exactly MLM, but another get rich quick, go to my seminar, buy my books and videos pipe dream. Remember William McCorkle? He's in jail now. I actually bought his package back in 92 and actually returned it and got a refund. And who can forget Don LePre. These were the forefathers of infomercial financial schemes. Carlton Sheets, ah the list goes on.

:goofy:

Kevin Trudeau (Mr. Mega Memory) has been in so much hot water with the FTC, over and over again. He is like a vampire. You can't kill him.

He was in MLM (Nutrition for Life) then he got into infomercials. He pitched coral calcium, a product that was supposed to cure almost anything. When he got slapped around for that he came back with diet books, miracle cures . .. the list goes on.

What amazes me is the number of folks who have fallen for his pitch over and over again.

Kevin Trudeau (Mr. Mega Memory) has been in so much hot water with the FTC, over and over again. He is like a vampire. You can't kill him.

He was in MLM (Nutrition for Life) then he got into infomercials. He pitched coral calcium, a product that was supposed to cure almost anything. When he got slapped around for that he came back with diet books, miracle cures . .. the list goes on.

What amazes me is the number of folks who have fallen for his pitch over and over again.

I can't stand Kevin Trudeau. They had a special on him on dateline or one of those shows and said that the FTC has banned him from selling any products on TV. He found the loophole by selling books, which are considered freedom of speech.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Are the Independent Producers of America/Independence Holding Group a MLM organization?

Last edited:
Re: Beginner's Guide to Insurance

HELP. Any suggestions on Allstate vs MetLife? Have interviews with both. right now selling for agency and not happy with led source and commissions.

This is a VERY helpful Post.

I have seen in other posts that Universal American/PennLife/Senior Solutions have been mentioned as MLM's.

Is this true?

I am considering a position with this firm and do NOT want anything to do with a firm that is even PARTIALLY a MLM.

Thank you,

Mike

they had to disallow post-posting edits for good reason.
otherwise a spammer could post a bunch of 'normal' posts so they dont get immediately deleted. then when they are tucked away comfortably on page 2 of a thread, they edit the posts to include links and/or advertisements.

:1wink:

Good stuff I was actually looking at IPA to start I interveiwed with them and they talk a good game and they even helped me get my license but I am not sure I want to go with them. I think any company that promises the moon and leads is ready to stab you in the back some how. Any ideas on a good IMO for a newbie?

Back