Beginner's Guide to Insurance MLM

I went for a realtor position, and the owner of the brokerage found out I was licensed for Life/Health. He started going into the "Do you like making money?":Do you like helping others?" crap and he had me go to a World Financial Group 'office'.

Sketchy all around. I couldn't even tell you what they were selling.
The WFG agent in the 'office' got mad when I asked them "Aren't you guys MLM?".
"Isn't that just where you sign up other people?"

He went on with his speech and I asked about a chart on his wall with columns and numbers: "What do those numbers represent?"
"The first column is how many new agents that agent signed up".

Updated this list, but some of this may be outdated. If anyone out there has updated on the fees, and other missing data, post it and I will update this list.

NAA is 120% a MLM!

High pressure to sign a contract, I did enjoy some of the training which was value able but split after I learned the basics and they learned I wasn't about to sign up at those ridiculous % ages and buy anything from them. It's the same crew as AMWAY

I went for a realtor position, and the owner of the brokerage found out I was licensed for Life/Health. He started going into the "Do you like making money?":Do you like helping others?" crap and he had me go to a World Financial Group 'office'.

Sketchy all around. I couldn't even tell you what they were selling.
The WFG agent in the 'office' got mad when I asked them "Aren't you guys MLM?".
"Isn't that just where you sign up other people?"

He went on with his speech and I asked about a chart on his wall with columns and numbers: "What do those numbers represent?"
"The first column is how many new agents that agent signed up".

Lol.

Then again I think it also has to do with the mentality of and ethics of whoever is running that shop/facility you visited.

For any new agents, Avoid Aflac!!!! As a 22 year vet, still licenced, todays question for a new agent considering Aflac should also be, does as the old Russian saying suggest, a fish rot from the head down. Keep in mind, that just two years ago Aflac designated July as "Senior Agent Month." What qualifications were required, (two, 2, too,) years of service with Aflac made one a Senior agent. After spending the last 20 years avoiding the derilects that Aflac fields as district, regional, and state managers it is evident that this is the bottom of the barrel entry level insurance opportunity.

There will be those cultists that disagree but be assured even Jim Jones found a few hundred who were willing to drink poison kool aid so that's to be expected.

Aflac runs adds in Idaho papers promoting $75,000 incomes and I presume this is standard fare across the country. New agents contract, get 3 days of training and are set loose on the public. By the time they realize the district, state or regional managers are unavailable to assist them in their "career" starvation has set in and by the third month of being an Aflac agent their body fat will no longer support them, and the glow of success for following a cartoon duck has caused the feathers to fall from their eyes. Not to worry. The accounts they open, brother Billy Bub, sister Sally Lou and Uncle Kens tire store with five employees remain on the Aflac books, giving the next person the opportunity to "service" this fantastic book of business. Little does the newby realize that the regional, and then district manager took a shot first just to see if there are any crumbs to pick up before assigning to a new agent. Seriously, Aflac has 3 1/2 fair plans that can provide value to the buying public. Assuming that public has an agent that survives in the business to help them with any future claims. On the other hand, go to the Aflac website, begin an online claims form, jump throught 50 hoops of passwords and registrations and by the time you get done you have either given up or are informed to submit paperwork that you would have in the first place if they had allowed you to download a form. But, I digress, the newby agent is encouraged to "buy" or "lease" an Aflac computer. This neat unit is about $3500, but Aflac will give an agent a $3 credit for each policy sold. Since Aflac only has 3 policies that have any actual merit that means the new agent, already starving and now paying for his computer, is eager to sell anything a consumer is stupid enough to buy, including toenail or ingrown hair insurance, just so they can pay for the computer. Oh, by the way, at the end of the three year lease, the computer is designated as obsolete and a new purchase will be in order for an additional 3 years.

Honestly I will not deny that working at AFLAC is lucrative, but to say it's a complete dead end would be a lie and I will explain both sides.
AFLAC gives you the opportunity to have your own business
and give you the blueprint and training all on their website. Because everyone is an independent contractor and no one is ACTUALLY held accountable for training the people under them, a lot of selfish people don't because they either are too lazy or they're too busy trying to make money.
The thing about a small account of 5 people is misleading though because you can easily make 500,- 1,500 off of that one account and that's talking about a group of low income workers.
If you're really hustling you can make the work.
Another thing is AFLAC isn't great as far as business EVERYWHERE, and it depends on your location.
If you're in the middle of Alabama somewhere where there's barely businesses around, it's gonna be pretty tough to make solid income.
I'm not saying you can't I'm just saying the pot is smaller.
Unlike New york there are prospects galore everywhere.
If you're somewhere like NYC like myself, it's a little bit different.
I can go on and on but at the end of the day, if you're just starting out, unless you end up on a good team with huge accounts which I can write off on while I build my accounts, you might want to stick to your day job and just do AFLAC part time, learn the business and then grow into it, which that's any business really.
Is there big money to be made in AFLAC? Hell yeah, 3,000 in one day? Come on, you're not gonna beat that, but thankfully I'm on a good team in a good location. It's not like that everywhere.
If you're someone in their mid life that has a lot of already established relationships with a lot of businesses, AFLAC is a gold mine for you you can just dive in.
Brokers? If you're in NY please inbox me because I'll help you go to the bank laughing.
So all in all, AFLAC is a very sink or swim type of company, their are the haves and have nots, and those that have, HAVE.

Lol.

Then again I think it also has to do with the mentality of and ethics of whoever is running that shop/facility you visited.

Unfortunately ethics get overruled by the desire to make a living wage, in a system designed to create wealth at the expense of the failures beneath you. Eventually, all succumb to the need to tell half truths and exaggerations, otherwise you're out the door after being alienated by your peers and uplines.

Back