Ben Feldman Interview

Indeed. Yes of course, some of the sayings wouldn't work nowadays but thats not really the point. At least in my opinion. Some of them can be retooled to fit your personality and your style and others would never work. Really depends on the person. I still find it hard to just say "oh these won't work" based on the volume of business he wrote. Its incredible no matter how you look at it.

Don't get me wrong..I'm sure it works...there are enough sheeple in the world. I just would find another line of work if I had to resort to that stuff.

Don't get me wrong..I'm sure it works...there are enough sheeple in the world. I just would find another line of work if I had to resort to that stuff.

His sheeple were the leaders in his area. The business owners. He wrote big numbers by today's standards, huge numbers for the time. No cell phones or I believe purchased leads. The guy was a beast.

People use presentations today that may not have worked then.

From reading a couple of his books I do not believe he strung these together in an endless pitch.

His business with most of his was developed over time. Not in and out marketing. He had clients that valued the relationship.

While I believe the future of our industry is in the younger agents and their comfort with technology. What is lost is the old school relationship building and prospecting. IMHO

Simmer down old guys...

I'm not making a comment about the success of these guys...

I simply said I would never repeat any of the lines that were posted...in fact those are the type of lines that almost stopped me from pursuing life insurance as a business.

Simmer down old guys...

I'm not making a comment about the success of these guys...

I simply said I would never repeat any of the lines that were posted...in fact those are the type of lines that almost stopped me from pursuing life insurance as a business.

:D Damn I almost blew Ensure out of my hairy nostrils.

We probably all agree with the use of a lot of one liners. Although a lot of us more mature agents were probably taught a lot of them.

Personally, I do not even use a set presentation. I think the sheeple comment was more the issue. My point was that his client base was made up of the leaders not the followers. That would be a different market.

Last edited:
:D Damn I almost blew Ensure out of my hairy nostrils. We probably all agree with the use of a lot of one liners. Although a lot of use more mature agents were probably taught a lot of them. Personally, I do not even use a set presentation. I think the sheeple comment was more the issue. My point was that his client base was made up of the leaders not the followers. That would be a different market.

And I wasn't talking about his clients being sheeple...I was just making the comment that the vast majority of people in the world are followers and can be easily led...

His sheeple were the leaders in his area. The business owners. He wrote big numbers by today's standards, huge numbers for the time. No cell phones or I believe purchased leads. The guy was a beast. People use presentations today that may not have worked then. From reading a couple of his books I do not believe he strung these together in an endless pitch. His business with most of his was developed over time. Not in and out marketing. He had clients that valued the relationship. While I believe the future of our industry is in the younger agents and their comfort with technology. What is lost is the old school relationship building and prospecting. IMHO

The thing that really impressed me about Ben was those massive numbers in that little bitty town.

According to The Feldman Method, he worked out of East Liverpool and (I think) Columbus, Ohio? I know he didn't go much further than 50 miles out in any direction, so he could be home for dinner.

Back