Best Carrier for History of One Kidney Stone?

Norton

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Healthy male, 40 yrs old and non smoker, with one kidney stone a year ago. Passed naturally without treatment, and doctor does not expect more to come. No other stones showed on diagnostic scans. Before that occurred, client would likely have qualified for best available rate class.

Which carriers would most likely give best underwriting for this client, interested in an IUL for accumulation and possible income in 20-30 yrs? Have already looked at North American (QuickQuotes said standard or possibly preferred), and LSW (said 'might qualify for best class').

I am not sure if Banner sells IUL. I just had a term policy issued super preferred with them. Have a history of kidney stones. Have several other issues in the last 5 years. I was hoping for standard plus. They must be very aggressive in their underwriting right now.

I am not sure if Banner sells IUL. I just had a term policy issued super preferred with them. Have a history of kidney stones. Have several other issues in the last 5 years. I was hoping for standard plus. They must be very aggressive in their underwriting right now.

Banner does have a UL product:

https://www.lgamerica.com/forms/banforms/Marketing & Sales Material/LAA1694.pdf

A single kidney stone should not have an adverse effect on underwriting. Many carriers can write this, SI or fully-underwritten.

Stay away from Banner for anything other than term.

Look at Lincoln and Minnesota Life for strong IULs.

Last edited:
Thanks BillyB, good to know for term coverage!

Moretrax: You say it wouldn't have an adverse effect, but you obviously haven't spoken to North American. They ruled it "standard, possibly preferred". I was surprised but that's the email I got just yesterday.

And no, I wouldn't consider Banner for a UL... looking at strong IULs only in this case.

Thanks BillyB, good to know for term coverage!

Moretrax: You say it wouldn't have an adverse effect, but you obviously haven't spoken to North American. They ruled it "standard, possibly preferred". I was surprised but that's the email I got just yesterday.

And no, I wouldn't consider Banner for a UL... looking at strong IULs only in this case.

Another poster asked if Banner has a UL product..I provide a link. Why don't you just chill?

If you're concerned a case you have is anything other than preferred plus, call your favorite company's uw and do a risk assessment. Do some leg work yourself and stop taking up server space with your threads.:D

moretrax he asked about IUL and you mention a pos UL. "Why don't you just chill?"

moretrax he asked about IUL and you mention a pos UL. "Why don't you just chill?"

Do you know what you're talking about? If the thread is about IULs you're in the wrong place on the forum. If it's about kidney stones, then it's an uw question. Call your IMO to get help and to hold your hand while your doing this difficult research.

Hope you've chilled and haven't had your little feelings hurt.;)

Perfect. I'm happy to talk about the difference between UL and IUL. Be butt hurt and have a good night.

Last edited:
Back