Best Carrier for Type II 60M - Currently Takes Metformin, No Insulin

term2u

Super Genius
I have a 60yr old male who is looking for a 20yr $250k policy. He was diagnosed with Type II 5yrs ago (age 55) and his A1Cs range from anywhere from 6.4-7.2. He said he goes in waves and corrects course with his diet, which accounts for the lower A1Cs.

He is currently 5'8" 195lbs and takes 40mg/day Lipitor for cholesterol - said it's under 200.

He also takes 750mg/day of Metformin.

I'm thinking Protective or Pru at STD NT, but any other better carriers out there? Thoughts on Banner or LFG?

Thanks in advance!

I have a 60yr old male who is looking for a 20yr $250k policy. He was diagnosed with Type II 5yrs ago (age 55) and his A1Cs range from anywhere from 6.4-7.2. He said he goes in waves and corrects course with his diet, which accounts for the lower A1Cs. He is currently 5'8" 195lbs and takes 40mg/day Lipitor for cholesterol - said it's under 200. He also takes 750mg/day of Metformin. I'm thinking Protective or Pru at STD NT, but any other better carriers out there? Thoughts on Banner or LFG? Thanks in advance!

I have a similar client I'm working with, where did you place this one?

I have a similar client I'm working with, where did you place this one?

Hey there - Unfortunately, per usual, this client has LAGGED on getting back to me...

With that being said, I sent out a quick quote and the two carriers with the best tentative offer were Protective and Pru. Both came back as STD NT to Table 2/B best case scenario. Protective was the cheaper of the two, so I'd probably recommend dual apping, depending on the premium.

Hope this helps and sorry that I can't provide more input! I'll keep you posted once I hear back from him.

Hey there - Unfortunately, per usual, this client has LAGGED on getting back to me...

With that being said, I sent out a quick quote and the two carriers with the best tentative offer were Protective and Pru. Both came back as STD NT to Table 2/B best case scenario. Protective was the cheaper of the two, so I'd probably recommend dual apping, depending on the premium.

Hope this helps and sorry that I can't provide more input! I'll keep you posted once I hear back from him.

You have been waiting three months for HIM to get back to YOU? You should be the one initiating the follow up. If he were really interested, he more than likely has bought from another agent by now.

You have been waiting three months for HIM to get back to YOU? You should be the one initiating the follow up. If he were really interested, he more than likely has bought from another agent by now.

I never get that. You don't want to be a pest, but if you are going to play the follow up game, you darn well better play to win.

Sorry for the confusion on this.. What I meant, is that I have reached out to him numerous times via phone, email, etc. and it keeps getting pushed off to the back burner.

I've definitely done my due diligence, but unfortunately, this guy (like most of our current clients') LAGS. Mind you, this was a current client from a policy review, who is looking to add additional coverage, so there's not really a sense of urgency here.. Trust me, I am always the one who initiates the follow-up, as I know people are most likely not going to do it themselves. There's ALWAYS a higher topic priority for them, it's just the name of the game. Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion on this.. What I meant, is that I have reached out to him numerous times via phone, email, etc. and it keeps getting pushed off to the back burner.

I've definitely done my due diligence, but unfortunately, this guy (like most of our current clients') LAGS. Mind you, this was a current client from a policy review, who is looking to add additional coverage, so there's not really a sense of urgency here.. Trust me, I am always the one who initiates the follow-up, as I know people are most likely not going to do it themselves. There's ALWAYS a higher topic priority for them, it's just the name of the game. Thanks!

Take it away.

Many times I take away the offer. I will send a nice letter taking back the offer and reminding them the additional $250,000.00 is not in force. Some will get moved to move. Many will not. However I already have time invested so another. 50 for a stamp is not much. I may also send an email but I always srnd them snail mail. If it is a bigger case i send it priority in the large envelope.

Back