Best Contracts & Support for MA Plans

Combined Ins. Owns Sterling Health Plans

Sterling Health Plans has become the Senior section of Combined Insurance and Merged the Agents and The Plans both sold
Together they now sell 5 med supps, 2 MAs (with 4 more for 08) 2 PDPs ( one with Gap coverage), Cancer Plans, Critical Condition, LTC, Whole Life, Limited Whole Life and comming soon, Family Assuance Life. ( Illinois as of now- Michigan is a new market!)

;)

Last edited:
Combined Ins. Owns Sterling Health Plans

Sterling Health Plans has become the Senior section of Combined Insurance and Merged the Agents and The Plans both sold
Together they now sell 5 med supps, 2 MAs (with 4 more for 08) 2 PDPs ( one with Gap coverage), Cancer Plans, Critical Condition, LTC, Whole Life, Limited Whole Life and comming soon, Family Assuance Life. ( Illinois as of now- Michigan is a new market!)

;)

Their supps are extremely expensive, even though they are issue age IIRC. I talked with one of their managers a while back and he told me LTC is the big product with him, but I don't know how competitive it is WRT benefits and premium. The advantage they push is having all of the Combined book of business at your fingertips to call on.

Their supps are extremely expensive, even though they are issue age IIRC. I talked with one of their managers a while back and he told me LTC is the big product with him, but I don't know how competitive it is WRT benefits and premium. The advantage they push is having all of the Combined book of business at your fingertips to call on.

It looks as if all products for the Senior Division will end up on Sterling Paper. No Supps will be brought over. Supps in Illinois are Sterlings and Competitive in the Select Areas, Which is most of Illinois. G and K on non- select Very good and Age Banded. Plus Sterling Health plans allows Clients on MAs to move to a Supp with no Underwriting.

Keep Sterling Health Plans on your Radar....:radar:

I worked for Sterling Health Plans. They are captive and do provide leads, kind of a reward system, make so many sales, get so many leads for the next month.

The commission is AWFUL though. But, they are great leads. And they have a fabulous marketing group and even had commercials on during NFL games. So, I always got a couple of leads after football games.

I do not like having to fill out reports daily and having someone call me if I didn't do a report. I wanted to say, "My gosh, you've got 14 more agents, call in a zero for me today and I will do the stinking report tomorrow." I was never able to say that, I had to play nice. Yeck. and Yeck.

My Wife is considering entering the MA market here in MI.

Having said that can any suggest a GA in SE, MI that offers training to agents?

Looking for a local company as she may be able to team up with another agent and ramp up quicker. Even if it means giving a portion of her commish. I sell commercial insurance and simply have no time/knowledge to provide her much in the way of help. With open enrollment fast approaching rather see her ramp up quickly then have to figure everything out on her own.

Any thoughts on the best route for her to take are welcomed.

Thanks.
I would look up and call Oom Insurace out of Grand Haven.
Good luck to her.

Senior Marketing Business Associates Brothers and Sons offered me $650 an app with unlimited leads and a BMW. I lost thier number though.

How can this be? Lost their number? Is that like losing a winning lottery ticket? OK. I am being a smart ass but do these guys really exist?

Unlimited leads, a BMW and $650 wow? I get $150 no leads and
a big stick whacked on my head if I don't sell at least 5 apps a month.
Forgive my sarcasm but if you actually know of ways to help us poor schmucks, don't hold back. I got a call in to UHC to go direct with them, is that your secret there or are they given you a lamborghini? LOL
I am only kidding, please help?
jman1237
:noteworthy:

Senior Marketing Business Associates Brothers and Sons offered me $650 an app with unlimited leads and a BMW. I lost thier number though.

How can this be? Lost their number? Is that like losing a winning lottery ticket? OK. I am being a smart ass but do these guys really exist?

Unlimited leads, a BMW and $650 wow? I get $150 no leads and
a big stick whacked on my head if I don't sell at least 5 apps a month.
Forgive my sarcasm but if you actually know of ways to help us poor schmucks, don't hold back. I got a call in to UHC to go direct with them, is that your secret there or are they given you a lamborghini? LOL
I am only kidding, please help?
jman1237
:noteworthy:
As an independent, you can expect to earn from $330 to $600 for MA plans. Why not just tell these guys where to go? Pay off any debt and get the hell out of there.

It's very easy to get appointed for most plans, although with few exceptions you need to go the FMO route. (Get an up front release though). You cannot go direct with UHC unless you are quasi-captive. But that might not be a bad deal for the next couple of months.

You might need a release from your current marketer, but if you go 6 months without writing business, typically you don't need that also.

Unless you are in an area with only one "great" plan, there are lots of carriers you can choose. And don't forget Med Supps. There is a big market for people who actually give a crap about their healthcare and can afford premiums from $100-200 a month.

Rick

Back