I've never seen any other carrier's eapp besides Sr Life's eapp. Sr Life's eapp is:

_Only one page

_The agent is the underwriter by going thru health questions and typing medications into the app. Then the app will tell me which plan the prospect qualifies for ie: super preferred, preferred, standard, modified, or GI. Script check helps keep the agent/insured honest.

_No 3rd party interference on eapp. The agent handles everything with the prospect. After the application is typed in on the ipad/laptop/desktop then the agent does a voice signature with the prospect by doing an approx. 3 min long recording.

_After you hang the phone up you click "submit" and the recording is bundled with the typed application and they are sent to the home office.

Very easy to use.

That sounds like an insurance agent's "wet dream" - alas, if only other insurance carriers made it that simple and easy!

I've never seen any other carrier's eapp besides Sr Life's eapp. Sr Life's eapp is:

_Only one page

_The agent is the underwriter by going thru health questions and typing medications into the app. Then the app will tell me which plan the prospect qualifies for ie: super preferred, preferred, standard, modified, or GI. Script check helps keep the agent/insured honest.

_No 3rd party interference on eapp. The agent handles everything with the prospect. After the application is typed in on the ipad/laptop/desktop then the agent does a voice signature with the prospect by doing an approx. 3 min long recording.

_After you hang the phone up you click "submit" and the recording is bundled with the typed application and they are sent to the home office.

Very easy to use.
Columbian has basically the same procedure you do have to call a line at the HO to do the recording.. There is no other person involved but it is a three way call.

Columbian has basically the same procedure you do have to call a line at the HO to do the recording.. There is no other person involved but it is a three way call.

From what I've read up here is that when the HO underwriter has to ask the proposed insured the health questions things sometimes go off on a tangent. Not having the HO underwriter involved is what separates Sr Life from other carriers who are still trying to figure FE telesales out.

Remember Sr Life started FE telesales back in 2004 and I learned it in 2005.....way before anyone else. Remember the days when JD, and others, were saying that FE telesales was a failed business model...lol.

From what I've read up here is that when the HO underwriter has to ask the proposed insured the health questions things sometimes go off on a tangent. Not having the HO underwriter involved is what separates Sr Life from other carriers who are still trying to figure FE telesales out.

Remember Sr Life started FE telesales back in 2004 and I learned it in 2005.....way before anyone else. Remember the days when JD, and others, were saying that FE telesales was a failed business model...lol.
Not with Columbian.. There is no third party involved. The agent fills out a paper app (or an eapp) while speaking with the client on the phone. The agent then places the call to a recorded line and then reads the disclosures to the client and asks the client to respond to a series of questions for the voice signature.. Takes about four or five minutes. No HO office underwriter or other third party involved.

Yeah, I remember tele sales was the devil and would never work for the agent.

Not with Columbian.. There is no third party involved. The agent fills out a paper app (or an eapp) while speaking with the client on the phone. The agent then places the call to a recorded line and then reads the disclosures to the client and asks the client to respond to a series of questions for the voice signature.. Takes about four or five minutes. No HO office underwriter or other third party involved.

Can do tele-sales with CFG- no face to face required now?

CFG have SS billing?

Yes I remember using the recorded line circa 2008. .Worked pretty well most of the time. Every once in a while there'd be a hiccup.Shortly after SL eliminated that recorded line to have the agent recorded asking health questions, stating disclosures, etc. Eliminated any possibility of hiccups.

Columbian is only about 12 years behind SL concerning telesales, but still ahead of most of the herd....lol.

Back