Best phone sales script in the world

Hello Mrs Jones, This is Bob Smith, senior underwriter here at ABC company and I've been assigned to underwrite your case, do you have just a few moments?

Get them to sell YOU, and not the other way around

Technically, an insurance rep. with binding power could be considered a field underwriter. I don't know how it works with Life and Health, but as a captive P&C guy, I have binding authority. If someone is obviously a bad risk, then I don't write them. In that regard, I'm acting as an underwriter.

This is what you say:

"Mr. _________, I'm going to sell you some insurance today and there are two things you can do about it, nothing and like it."

Just kidding.

Opening with a quick hello and a humerous remark cant hurt. I send intro letters with lottery tickets then call and tell them that if they won we need to have a conversation.

Keep it light and know that you are never going to do better than 10 to 15% of those that answer.

This is not original but is similar to this:

"Hello, Mr. _________, this is an insurance sales call. Would you rather hang up now or later?

What’s it about?

Well before I get into a long-winded, boring pitch, do you mind if I ask you a question?

Sure… "

Take it to where you want to go from there.

Technically, an insurance rep. with binding power could be considered a field underwriter. I don't know how it works with Life and Health, but as a captive P&C guy, I have binding authority. If someone is obviously a bad risk, then I don't write them. In that regard, I'm acting as an underwriter.

I remember studying for my exam and noticed that the power to bind is only a specific function to P&C, health and life holds no other power than to advise and take an app. This definitely crosses into a gray area..

I don't see it as being gray area at all. If you can't bind, then you aren't an underwriter in any capacity. Saying you are such, esp. a head underwriter at that, is a blatant misrepresentation of your authority. Granted, I doubt any clients would ever call you out on it, but that's still shady.

This is what you say:

"Mr. _________, I'm going to sell you some insurance today and there are two things you can do about it, nothing and like it."

I'm going to replace the old parental standard "because I said so" with a variation of this.

Back