Best Phone to Use?

Experienced Agent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have just signed up for a autodialer and need to the proper phone setup. I have Vonage and a handset. It does not have plug for headset. What phone setup should I get that works with vonage (or any other VOIP) to be efficient with the autodialer.

you can try Skype that provide best VoIP services all over the world. i think you will get your solution from this

i've got one girl that uses a magic jack with a headset plugged directly into the laptop. sometimes call quality will struggle, but based on the low price of it, who cares...

i've got another that uses a "smart talk" cellphone from walmart. i think she pays 35 month, never has any issues. unlimited calls each month

I've found Skype voice quality to be very poor. From call recordings, it sounds like the caller is in a tunnel. Don't recommend.

A great deal of that has to do with the computer and the router. I use it a great deal with no problems. Not what I use for a dialer, but a good phone solution for a lot of folks. A cheap router can make it a lot worse.

Being an old vonage tech guy, one thing I want to mention to you is that your internet connection is going to matter a great deal in this, and your networking equipment like Josh said.

How many calls are you making at once? Check this against your upload speed as it will be a limiting factor. Also, if you feel tech savvy enough, set up a Static IP on the vonage device and then a DMZ on the router for that Static IP since sometimes the routers just find issues in the future (it fixes about 90% of the problems I found during my time troubleshooting them.)

Keep the vonage device as close to the modem as possible. If you have a modem --> router --> vonage, switch the router and vonage device. If the modem is all-in-one, then do the Static IP and DMZ to reduce firewall issues since the modems and routers can both have one depending on the model and ISP.

Vonage lets you change the quality of the streaming depending on the upload and latency you have. Medium is good for most people but you can try high if people are complaining.

Just a few friendly tips if you decide to use vonage for business.

Also, if you are using vonage make sure it is a business account. If vonage has any reason to think that you are a home user account using it for business, they will change the account to business and/or retroactively charge you for it. This can be alerted to them either through the number of minutes used,the number of outbound calls made, OR telling one of the customer service or tech people and they escalate a ticket for it ("fix this, do you know how much money I'm losing right now not being able to make calls!?" it happens a lot). The techs normally don't but if you are a dick and piss them off, they are more likely to do it.

I have had a Vonage account, so it made sense to use this. So far it has worked fine. We have 30mg cable internet. NO PROBLEMS!!! Just set up dialer account. We just completed 11th day and it has been fabuloso! Lots of appointments!!!!

I watched the video for salesdialer, and am very interested in getting that. I have a computer, internet access and a cell phone. I can use the cell phone for that? I've got unlimited everything on the cell phone, so I'm not worried about minutes. Well, I"m going to have to check on that, I'm not sure if that translates to land lines, now that I think about it. Hmmmm..... I could get a land line if I needed to, but I'd rather not if I can help it.

What's the best set up for salesdialer?

I've used Vonage for many, many years. For the price it is really a great value. I've had some serious issues with call quality in which the call and sound got scrambled. It was similar to the weird noises in the Matrix movie. After tinkering around a bit, I found a direct correlation between call quality and internet connection speed. At the lowest broadband speed available, I had call quality issues. When I bumped the internet connection up two levels, all quality issues went away. It does increase your overall telephone cost, but you get the benefit of faster internet browsing as well. My next step is to integrate it with an auto dialer.

Back