Best PPC Platform for Insurance Websites

Google Adwords and Bing Ads are where it's at. Majority of searches originate there.

There are a number of content advertising networks like Advertise.com that do contextual and display advertising on properties that are outside of Google's grasp. You're able to get cheaper clicks with these types of networks but targeting is never as sharp as targeting keywords with Adwords.

Adwords has changed a lot of the last few years. You can't just throw up a few ads with 500 keywords and expect to get listed. The structure of your account and the quality of your page are just as important as the $ amount you bid per click.

That's why it is usually worth it to have an Adwords pro look at your account. I do PPC management for small businesses and have picked up a few client accounts that were a complete mess. A lot of people just don't have time to manage their accounts properly.

If you're going to manage your own account, make sure you do your research on Quality Score in Google Adwords. It's one of the major changes in recent years.

If you're finding it's hard to compete with big spenders, you'll need to spend more or slowly add less competitive keywords to your keyword list.

With PPC for insurance, you're dealing with the most expensive keywords, period. I've seen upwards of $120/130 for 1 click. (The high cost is an indicator that it works)

However, we rarely allow our clients to spend more than $40/click and we ONLY manage insurance Adwords accounts.

With Bing, we're going to spend no more than $25/click in most instances.

Focus on building high-quality Adwords/Bing/Facebook ad accounts and you'll pay less for clicks.

What is the definition of "high quality" adwords ad accounts ?

Are you talking about quality score ?

Yes, that's one huge point.

The biggest is creating and setting up the account in alignment with what you want to achieve as a business.

An often overlooked point is sitting down identifying goals and backing into the numbers.

From there, conducting extensive keyword research and building content-relevant landing pages.

Feel free to PM if you have any additional questions.

Yes, that's one huge point.

The biggest is creating and setting up the account in alignment with what you want to achieve as a business.

Doesn't everybody want to make money ? Most agents want leads, what am I missing ?

An often overlooked point is sitting down identifying goals and backing into the numbers.

Many can have lofty goals that the numbers cannot support. Look at the numbers first, then test, then set goals. If a company offering digital marketing to an agent can't do this, stay away. If they talk in code, stay away.

From there, conducting extensive keyword research and building content-relevant landing pages.

Do the keyword first, look for opportunities.

Doesn't everybody want to make money ? Most agents want leads, what am I missing ?

Many can have lofty goals that the numbers cannot support. Look at the numbers first, then test, then set goals. If a company offering digital marketing to an agent can't do this, stay away. If they talk in code, stay away.

Do the keyword first, look for opportunities.

Yes, all agents want money. But each individual agency will have growth targets. The goals should be made in alignment with your agency's:

-growth objectives
-timing
-target market/demographic
-products/services
-CAC/CLV

etc. etc.

It's difficult to fully cover in this context and on the forum. As mentioned before, soon we'll be releasing a few DIY guides that cover these topics in detail.

Complete walkthroughs for Adwords/Bing from start to finish and for ongoing maintenance.

Will ping you when it's nearing completion!

Google Adwords and Bing Ads are where it's at. Majority of searches originate there.

There are a number of content advertising networks like Advertise.com that do contextual and display advertising on properties that are outside of Google's grasp. You're able to get cheaper clicks with these types of networks but targeting is never as sharp as targeting keywords with Adwords.

Adwords has changed a lot of the last few years. You can't just throw up a few ads with 500 keywords and expect to get listed. The structure of your account and the quality of your page are just as important as the $ amount you bid per click.

That's why it is usually worth it to have an Adwords pro look at your account. I do PPC management for small businesses and have picked up a few client accounts that were a complete mess. A lot of people just don't have time to manage their accounts properly.

If you're going to manage your own account, make sure you do your research on Quality Score in Google Adwords. It's one of the major changes in recent years.

If you're finding it's hard to compete with big spenders, you'll need to spend more or slowly add less competitive keywords to your keyword list.

Agreed for the most part. However, I do disagree with your point that "you can't just throw up $500/mo and expect to get listed"

We've helped individual agents do this time and time again..actually to the point where it doesn't make sense for us as an agency anymore.:v_SPIN:

Secondly, QS is a huge component..but once again sometimes a high QS isn't in alignment with your agency's marketing objectives. (yes, weird, I know!)

Yes, all agents want money. But each individual agency will have growth targets. The goals should be made in alignment with your agency's:

-growth objectives
-timing
-target market/demographic
-products/services
-CAC/CLV

etc. etc.

Are you working with individual agents or agency's ?

I mean growth objectives and all this stuff for an individual agent is getting way too complicated in my opinion.

Back