Apr 19, 2019

1. jerryrut

jerryrut Guru

Are those non-med?

2. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    They could be...a lot of traditional carriers have programs that allow for no exam if you're otherwise healthy.

None are simplified issue, though.

3. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California
    Fish makes a good point with his post. Those policies are all the same price.

Most good life insurance comparisons have pri
    SBLI = 53.25 non med non f2f

See there is more to it than price.

4. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California
    Now, if I were competing with the agent that came in with the lowest price on $200. Which btw is $45 w/Principal I believe.

I would show a $200,000 comparison To show I can compete at the $200,000. However, I I would also so $250,000 because many companies band rate at $250,000. Banner @ $51.38

Then of course add wp

5. pfg1

pfg1 Guru

State:
    Virginia
    I would make sure to understand the conversion options on what you offer as well. Many of the cheapest carriers on the quote engines have limited or poor conversion options. 99% of the time when I explain that to a client, they choose a solid convertible product vs the cheapest they can get.

pfg1, May 4, 2019
  6. shonceman

shonceman Guru

State:
    Texas
    I’m late to the conversation here. I’m in Texas, too (Dallas area). I agree with everybody else that there’s no best company. But if you only sell life occasionally, I’d recommend that you not get too involved with lots of carriers. Pick one or two for each type of life insurance. AIG is my go to for term on relatively healthy people. Easy app and process, competitive rates. I write them through Level 4 Insurance (on LBJ Freeway in Dallas), who have a great support staff that will give you as much or as little help as you need.
    Home - Level Four Insurance Services

7. Life Hawk

Life Hawk Guru

State:
    Illinois
    I'll pitch Federal Life once again. May not be the lowest on the block, but again they have great service thus far in my years with them. Front and back office.

The trap of lowest cost I believe is one reason why so many agents fail. Too many options confuse clients and overwhelm agents.

Think about toilet paper for a moment... it has one basic purpose... you don't buy just the cheapest... you'll pay more for softer, and be happy to do so.

We complicate the simple far too often... to justify ourselves or out if ignorance.