Best way to bring clients to you when you are starting from scratch

And you might have heard about the fairy tale called Obamacare. That qualified as new story. Some of us slayed it, others never got licensed

I'm writing a training manual and I want to get some feedback as to how to help my new sales staff on prospecting.

I currently use:
Referrals
Door to Door
Farmers Markets
Business Marketing
Apartment Canvassing
Joining Networking Groups
Bank Loan Officers
Realtors

But I wanted to see if there was anything else out there that I'm not doing. I was trained by the best captured agency. But they threw thousands of dollars towards marketing for each agent. Now that I'm independent, I'm looking at ways that is more affordable and things I can train my new sales staff on that won't cost much.

P&C and Commercial is what I'm training my staff on. My training manual will have each way to prospect and why it works.

That's why I'm asking all of you to get your perspective since I've been doing this as an Independent for a couple years as opposed to those who have been Independent for 10 years or longer. If course referrals are #1. But if my staff is starting from zero, what are some other ways they can prospect? In my agency, I already have the banks and realtors and apartments. My sales staff need other ways. That's why I'm asking you guys.

You can also use a targeted data list to filter for the type of prospects you're looking for. Call the ones that aren't on the DNC list and cold door knock the rest. It's more effective than going up and down the street knocking on every door, the way I was trained to do in the early 70's.

(I am not an agent)

Also, during my time as a forum member, I have read very little in the P&C related threads or forums. My comments are based more on reading postings in the Senior Forum.

I am not sure about business marketing, but the rest of the techniques you mention seem to me to be subsets of either referrals or door to door. Door to Door in the sense of asking for business on a face to face basis.

In the senior forums there is a tension between two different approaches that gets asked about and discussed again and again and again. That is door knocking (ie face to face) or telephone calling. Some people use direct mail to find the list of people call or visit. Others use the targeted list approach which Goillini mentions. Finding out how, or if, the phone can be used in the types of insurance sales you are dealing with would be a big area to check out.

Latest posts

Back