Blog SEO

You definitely want to allow comments. people like to discuss things. You have absolute authority to remove stuff and edit them... but to give them a voice allows you to build a following. you want to interact with the real comments as well, to let them know you are around and ready to help. Make friends, influence people, and they buy from you. I have not done many insurance blogs yet, I am working on it. But I have done many blogs for other arenas and it has been pretty successful.

The use of video again makes it more interactive and engaging. You want them to come, read and stay awhile. Be yourself and REAL. people like to work with people with similar thoughts, affinities, lifestages, and sharing some of those things lets them know who you are. of course you run the risk of turning some people off, but more often than not you will build lifelong customers who know you and like you.

At least that has been my experience in the blogging world.

You won't gain much following if you discourage comments. Readers will always want their views to be heard via comments. Common problem is, spams would definitely find their way in the comments area if you allow them automatically, so better moderate it. nobody wants trash comments advertising vi'agra.

Last edited:
Does anybody have an educated guess as to the impact allowing comments on a blog versus blocking them effects SEO ranking? Will the SEO ranking look more for the number of keywords and link backs to your webpage or also the quanity and quality of sources leaving comments on a blog? In other words, is it more beneficial in regards to SEO, for an individual to create a blog with lots of relevant information and link backs by the blog writer or to create a blog that encourages more outside participation even if the quality of the content is sub par? I'm an SEO novice looking to learn more on the topic. Thanks.

The purpose of blogging is to provide information and promote awareness about YOUR website not other people's websites. Your blog linking to someone else's site does you no good.

If you want to allow comments on your blog you may want to moderate them to alleviate spam and remove the links added by your posters.

If your end goal is to keep people on your website or direct people from your blog to your website then youd don't wan't to give them the opportunity to leave your site by clicking someone else's link.

Hope this helps.

The purpose of blogging is to provide information and promote awareness about YOUR website not other people's websites. Your blog linking to someone else's site does you no good.

If you want to allow comments on your blog you may want to moderate them to alleviate spam and remove the links added by your posters.

If your end goal is to keep people on your website or direct people from your blog to your website then youd don't wan't to give them the opportunity to leave your site by clicking someone else's link.

Hope this helps.

Can we see your Blog? Like to see your example.

Back