BMW = Success?

I like the Mazda 3. I think it gives you a good image. New enough to indicate understated status but also environmentally friend because of the good gas mileage. It is kind of the right image for the current environment besides it gives you easy access to all of your insurance files but I am suprised that an ex-cycle salesman got baited and switched.

I think I have such a confidence that I'm too smart to be scammed that I make it easy for the scammers...if that makes any sense will somebody please explain it to me.

Last week I finally decided to get rid of my avalanche, found a BMW that was avaliable and priced right, I get home and notice this thread, didnt notice it all before I bought my BMW, it is a smooth ride.

This brings back memories. When I started in the business in 1907, my parents bought me a car as a graduation gift. Mazda 626.

One problem. In Dayton (Oh), there were a ton of GM plants (thus...GM employees) and as I would walk up to their door, invariably they would look at the type of car you were driving.

I truly believe that my closing ratio was far less with GM employees if they could identify the type of car I was driving. Of course, eventually, I tried the "park around the corner" trick which helped...a little bit.

Did I say 1907? Seems that long ago. Sorry. I meant 1980.

This brings back memories. When I started in the business in 1907, my parents bought me a car as a graduation gift. Mazda 626.

One problem. In Dayton (Oh), there were a ton of GM plants (thus...GM employees) and as I would walk up to their door, invariably they would look at the type of car you were driving.

I truly believe that my closing ratio was far less with GM employees if they could identify the type of car I was driving. Of course, eventually, I tried the "park around the corner" trick which helped...a little bit.

Did I say 1907? Seems that long ago. Sorry. I meant 1980.
my next question was going to be"How old are you again"... with me heading towards the senior market, hopefully the bmw will help.

I was there... Had to trade my 1978 Diesel VW Rabbit for an '81 Malibu. One guy would not let me in the door when he saw the VW... True story!

I was there... Had to trade my 1978 Diesel VW Rabbit for an '81 Malibu. One guy would not let me in the door when he saw the VW... True story!

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law retired from Delco Remy. When we bought a new Toyota Avalon they never said one word about our nice new car to us, not that it looked great or had a great ride or was a very nice car. They just ignored it completely however, last year they were raving about the GMC Envoy we had just bought. Go figure! :biggrin:

Last edited:
My brother-in-law and sister-in-law retired from Delco Remy. When we bought a new Toyota Avalon they never said one word about our nice new car to us. Not that it looked great or had a great ride or was a very nice car. They just ignored it completely however, last year they were raving about the GMC Envoy we had just bought. Go figure! :biggrin:

I have a retired neighbor who has lived in multiple countries. He always drove what that company produced. As an American, I believe I should drive what is (mostly)made here. I live next to Boca Raton (most BMWs per capita).
:SLEEP:

Back