boiler rooms operations

actually the company buys leads from several different sources and gives them to all the agents in the office, hes not cold calling, these people go online and inquire about insurance, he then calls them and seems to be having trouble getting people on the phone....

Your kidding right? There is no way to have 200 leads and only touch 10-15, unless these are very old leads OR they aren't leads, just phone numbers.

You should be working the leads harder than it sounds like they do, or they did, and these are the dredges of the 'B' leads, leads that have been recycled and recycled.

I think I would leave.... no wait, I did leave that job ;)

Dan

All I've ever bought is about 10-15 leads a day. Once the pipeline fills you can stay busy all day with followups. Sometimes it takes a few days to catch someone on the phone.

There is no reason why one person would need to have 200 leads a day. All you need is about 5-7 exclusive or about 10-15 shared a day and you will be making 6 figures in this business if you know how to sell. Worst you'll do is bring home 60k a year. Better than most jobs out there.

Success still depends entirely on the quality of your shared leads, I find that out of 10 leads I will only get 2 or 3 to answer the telephone. Sometimes less. However if you keep plugging on, calling yesterdays leads,today etc. you will prevail. I sold a nice $469 today, on the first contact. The lead was from 6/18/08.
Just keep plugging on JE, you will get there.
Moral of the story; Never throw leads away.

Last edited:
Dear Newbe,

Phone calls and talking is one thing. The other and, probably most important, is how you present yourself. Scroll through all the replys you've had and look at the typing, like capitalization and professional language. I suggest you brush up so you don't blow the prospect once you have them on the phone. Image and professionalism is priceless. And if you use it all the time you can overcome bad habits, or the so called casual attitude.:D

Rob, I hope you cashed their check before it bounces . . .

Check? They offered me six figures plus to manage their NY office (now closed) and for me, it wasn't worth it, why leave the beach?

:cool:

Check? They offered me six figures plus to manage their NY office

I was referring to the training you did for them. I recall you listed them as a reference for your training biz.

I was referring to the training you did for them. I recall you listed them as a reference for your training biz.

That's incorrect, they flew me down to Florida to 'wow' me and I was like "wow, they have no idea what they're doing!"

I was wondering why you had referenced that once before Bob. Glad I can clear that up. I, in now way shape or form want that reference on my resume.

Back