Boston Leads Nation in Wait Time to See Md's.

In all fairness, Al does not live in or near SF. He is is Sacramento area.

Interestingly, Sacramento County is one of several CA counties (Ventura and Contra Costa being the latest) to close off all non-emergency care to illegal aliens and the indigent. Only emergency care is available in those counties, with other counties to follow soon.

San Francisco is both a place and a state of mind. Al scores highly on one out of two.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never been to Alabama yet I agree with much of what Winter has to say.

Rick

Don't let Albert spin ya. I about as far north as you can get. Closest I came to being a Southerner is that my great grandfather was wounded at Port Hudson, Louisiana and then spent a year at Andersonville Prison Camp in Georgia. He survived by eating the undigested oats out of the horseshit. He also would have just let the south go if they wanted to.

If Al likes to google up pictures of people suffering, he can google up some pictures of the men being released from Andersonville. Of course as we know, the Union Army did not do as much to end slavery as Nickel Bag Al did in the South.

Last edited:
Well, all I can say is that at least they have their own cars to get to their appointments courtesy of the tax PAYERS!!!

Free cars for poor fuel road rage - BostonHerald.com

I don't really care that much for Rush, Glenn Beck, Howie Carr, Michael Savage etc but when something like this comes along I always try to listen to at least one of them. I mean the Gov just painted "kick me" on his back so you have to milk it for all its worth.

No lie, when I started reading this article I scrolled back up to the top to see if you were jiving us with an article from the Onion or something. You can't make this stuff up.

When the Vietnamese first moved to my area years ago and to other areas everyone spread the rumor that the government was getting them free cars. Actually the poor bastards were all working three jobs and living twenty people to an apartment but then this type of thing comes along which doesnt help.

Last edited:
However I don't want to see public displays of sex (as you defended a couple of years ago at the gay pride festival). I also don't need to see people walking naked down the street. This doesn't make me a prude.

I agree. I don't WANT to see public display of nudity but I don't go postal if it happens and I would not waste law enforcement time trying to prosecute it. I don't know if the Folsom Street Fair is still held nor do I know if it is legal to walk naked in San Francisco. But it makes no difference to me. It seems to me that conservatives who seem to champion individual rights over those of the society as a whole would have no issue with an someone who sees it as their individual right to walk naked in public.

I am in favor of abortion as it is a woman's right to choose but am opposed to Roe v Wade on constitutional grounds.

I don't understand. What do you mean on "constitutional grounds?" No one likes abortion, but again I never understood the conservative argument against it since they like to champion the rights of the individual over that of the collective. A woman has rights. A fetus (or a corpse) does not.

The idea of shooting an animal turns my stomach but I do eat meat. I get the hypocracy. However, I own a gun and joined the NRA.

Same here. I eat a bit of meat and own a shotgun but I've not joined the NRA. I have no problem with them advocating their beliefs... so long as I can advocate mine... that no one needs an assault rifle.

I graduated from UCLA so that gives me a little more than a 10th grade education

UCLA is easily on anyone's top-ten list of best all-around state universities. I went to a good college to, but not quite in the class of UCLA... and they had to burn the place down to get me out! I still got a good education despite the stupid curriculum. I learned how to smoke, drink, roll a joint, pitch a girl, buy a condom, and drive a truck.

Barry Goldwater is a hero mine yet he opposed the civil rights act because he did not believe that the goverment can mandate equality.

I met Goldwater several times, the first when I was in high school and worked on his campaign (mostly blowing up balloons and stuffing envelopes) and he came to the headquarters and met all the volunteers. Of course he still lost NY by a landslide. I later grew to disagree with much of what was in Conscience of a Conservative, but I never faulted the man for his integrity and honesty.

The civil war was illegal and certainly not to end slavery. The souith had a right to secede and Lincoln should have let them

I'm not sure what standard you use to declare a war as legal or not legal? Was Vietnam legal? Is Iraq? War is, as Clauswitz said, politics by other means. ("Der Krieg ist eine bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln")

As far as slavery, it was ending on its own because it was no longer profitable for the white slaveowners.

I've heard that, but I've never understood the economics behind that statement. How was slavery too expensive for Southern landowners? They fed them scraps, dressed them in rags, and made a fortune off of their labor. Sounds like the insurance industry.

Never been to Alabama yet I agree with much of what Winter has to say.

When I was last there, Winter would have loved it. I'm sure he would have liked the dogs that Bull had.

Oh yeah, I'm an atheist an believe religion is the root of most evil.

I'm a Jew-Hindu mix and I still agree with you... wholeheartedly.

So, does that make me a right wing wacko, a left wing nut, or a thinking person?

A thinking person. Not many of you on this board.

Al
Preserve your memories

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that conservatives who seem to champion individual rights over those of the society as a whole would have no issue with an someone who sees it as their individual right to walk naked in pubic.

Al
Preserve your memories

Oh dear. It is only with great restraint that I am not going to touch that line. Al, that line is going to go down in the anals of forum history.

I cannot however guarantee that the less disciplined members of this forum will not make hay with it. Could happen.

I cannot however guarantee that the less disciplined members of this forum will not make hay with it. Could happen.

I doubt there is anyone on this forum with the literary ability to make oatmeal with it, much less hay.

Good catch. I made the change. These old eyes are not what they used to be (and they were never good to begin with.... I've had glasses since I was 10.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back