BREAKING NEWS! New, highly competitive graded final expense available now!

Small point - just because you choose not to write GI does not make agents that do desperate. Same as I do not write Direct Express, does not make agents that do desperate. Just different ways we do this.

The F2F guys always talked crap on FE phone sales. Not as many today. My guess fewer in a year from now. Just different ways of doing what we do.

I don’t know man... I’ve yet to meet a top producer that advocates for any GI biz.

The top of the top walk away from it.

The agents who feel like there’s a deal in every house and I must write every line of insurance possible, are usually the ones struggling to ever get any traction in the biz.

I don’t know man... I’ve yet to meet a top producer that advocates for any GI biz.

The agents who feel like there’s a deal in every house and I must write every line of insurance possible, are usually the ones struggling to ever get any traction in the biz.
I completely agree that agents who try to write every line possible are usually spreading themselves too thin. Zig Ziglar said, “Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission.” We should know our mission and objectives. Anything that distracts from the mission should be let go.

It’s clear that GI doesn’t serve your mission. But it most definitely serves mine. You may be right about the top of the top producers. I don’t think I fit that description. But I am a steady, successful agent, and far from desperate.

Last edited:

"desperate"?

Makes you sound petty. I do not believe you are. However it does make you you sound, to me, like the same people that denigrated phone sales people.

I walked a GI referral this morning to MoO. However, had premium or her prognosis been close to what I felt comfortable with I would have taken her as a client. By premium I mean if I had been in the ballpark. Just did not fit.

Last edited:
"desperate"?

Makes you sound petty. I do not believe you are. However it does make you you sound, to me, like the same people that denigrated phone sales people.

I walked a GI referral this morning to MoO. However, had premium or her prognosis been close to what I felt comfortable with I would have taken her as a client. By premium I mean if I had been in the ballpark. Just did not fit.

I hate that I have to use that word, but to a large degree it’s true from my perspective.

Too many agents are desperate for a sale and are slowly running out of business while their up line is encouraging them to make bad business decisions.

A new GI product is one of those decisions.

That is a huge stretch. Most FE agents specialize on FE. But to not include GI in with FE and lump that in with “every line of insurance possible” is really out there. Writing GI does not put an agent in the category of “Thinking there is a deal to write in every house”.

With field agents who DO write GI (which is about 98.6 of them) it takes like an extra 7 minutes to wrap up the GI sale over walking away once you discover you have a GI case. 7- minutes for getting paid vs. walking away with no pay. 7- minutes for helping your client vs. client has to keep looking for another agent. 7- minutes to make extra sales with NO additional lead cost which adds greatly to your bottom line.
1. GI cases are the easiest to write. The app is short.
2. GI cases never get declined
3. GI cases are non-contestible. What would they contest?
4. It helps your client. You leave them covered as well as they are going to get covered.
5. It helps you write the healthier spouse. How many of us have heard “Well if you can’t get her approved then cancel mine too” ?
6. It makes you a more well rounded PROFESSIONAL FE agent.
7. You get a FREE car (see below)

Show me 1- field agent who has been writing the GI cases he runs into that after 2-years doesn’t have enough commissions from those GI cases flowing in (after chargebacks) to make his car payment each month. I’ve never met one.

So writing them vs. walking away is just like getting a free car. A very nice free car.

Last edited:
I hate that I have to use that word, but to a large degree it’s true from my perspective.

Too many agents are desperate for a sale and are slowly running out of business while their up line is encouraging them to make bad business decisions.

A new GI product is one of those decisions.

Am I being desperate when I have a commitment to help my prospects, no matter health or age?

How would you feel if someone you passed up because they were GI ended up dying 2+ years later, because you exacted a judgement based on their condition?

If you make the decision not to write GI, that's fine by me. It's your business as an agent.

Sh*tty agents will write garbage policies whether or not it's GI. The nature of the policy has no bearing on the ill intent of the agent.

1) Too many people worry about being the "top of the top."

If you thrive on a goal, great.. set your goal. However, comparing yourself to other people sets you up for bitterness and jealousy.

2) Plan your work, work your plan.

Don't want to sell GI? Cool. Do want to sell GI? Cool. There's too many people that select a "guru" and then that's the only way to do business.

Ramiz offers a ton of value right now to agents transitioning to telesales from the field.

However, people that say their way is the only way and everyone else is doing it wrong immediately lose credibility to me.

3) I think Ramiz didn't really explain his thought process effectively and just called people desperate. GI can cause a lot more headaches on the back end, with chargebacks and service work, but that's the agent writing bad business.

Just put your GI advances into a savings account. If you have a charge back in 1st 12 months that you have to pay back to the carrier then reimburse yourself for the charge back from this savings account.

At worst you're getting an interest free loan on the GI advance, unless it's a carrier that charge interest on advances.

Everyone, in my opinion, should have a chargeback fund.

That's just smart business to stop you from overextending yourself. I have mine at 2 grand... However, I sell high sticky Medicare products.. so *shrugs*

Back