BREAKING NEWS! New, highly competitive graded final expense available now!

To be fair.. I was under the impression that Northstar only sells one company, please correct me if I'm wrong... So you're not really "independent."

I'm not knocking your business model. There are other telesales agencies that offer mutliple companies and GI just fine.
He has an "affiliated" agency that writes for several companies.

Thats true... so I have a unique perspective on who does well and who struggles when they are practically plugged into the same platform, although, in recent weeks, as top producers transition to telesales I've had to eat crow a couple of times.
Well, if you add a little salt, pepper, garlic salt and parmesan cheese, it doesn't taste too bad..
:)

I don’t know man... I’ve yet to meet a top producer that advocates for any GI biz.

The top of the top walk away from it.

The agents who feel like there’s a deal in every house and I must write every line of insurance possible, are usually the ones struggling to ever get any traction in the biz.

Then you need to get out more often and meet more top producing agents. I don't think we have any top producing agents that will walk away from GI if it is what it comes down to.

I'm not going to say this from a telemarketing standpoint, but with the rest of the world (f2f), it's pretty stupid to walk away from it in my opinion. You're already there, you've already drilled down to the fact that it's GI, just write the damned thing and help your client. It's not like you are going to lose money on the deal if it lapses or they die.

If you are strictly talking about top producing telesales agents, then the above just might not apply. Still don't see how you would lose money though.

Ya I get alot of push back for this statement... I dont take it personal, I know it seems odd that someone would say "walk away from the business"... so in lieu of countering every point Ill just say this...

I sell final expense by phone. All my comments should be taken with that perspective. Ill do better reminding everyone of that.

In telesales, ITS HARDER to do business than it is face to face, and the fail rate for indy TELESALES agents is incredibly high.

If you want to be successful selling FE over the phone, its an absolute MUST that you are selling a product with true SS billing. No GI, that I'm aware of has that... so for that reason alone, I wont write it.

GI business also has horrible chargeback rules. Its a win for the company and a lose for the agent.

In the home, if youre already there, you might as well write the GI... but Im talking about phone sales. You should qualify clients quickly and refer "bad business" (GI and Direct Express) to another company that will still help the client.

I am not advocating to treat people poorly, or to disrespect them. I am advocating that as a business owner time is your most precious commodity and you should only spend it with those that bear the most fruit, allowing others who specialize in GI and DE to handle those cases that end up distracting a telesales agent and writing less "good" business.
Then you need to get out more often and meet more top producing agents. I don't think we have any top producing agents that will walk away from GI if it is what it comes down to.

I'm not going to say this from a telemarketing standpoint, but with the rest of the world (f2f), it's pretty stupid to walk away from it in my opinion. You're already there, you've already drilled down to the fact that it's GI, just write the damned thing and help your client. It's not like you are going to lose money on the deal if it lapses or they die.

If you are strictly talking about top producing telesales agents, then the above just might not apply. Still don't see how you would lose money though.

Hey Todd, I think you missed the above comment I made. I believe that will bring more clarity.

You do lose money if they die especially if you sell Gerber or aig

I haven't even with the very few that have died during the chargeback period. Many many more have lived past that period also. Very sticky business so lapses are not an issue either. Note: I do not write DE business. That may have something to do with my lapse ratio.

In my personal experience only.

Didn't Vantis Life charge back full comp if lapsed within the first year on their GI product?

Never had any debit balance issue with them when they were around.

Vantis had a bad habit of charging you back this month and then charging you back the exact same amount on the same case six months later.

Back