Breaking Through Being a Captive (advice Needed)

get your life/heath/acc license, so you can cross sell..
That is one thing I will be working into the interview to make sure that is lined up. Also, I really feel I need proper training on prospecting. I'm hoping this Allstate office is decent and I could make it a home for awhile.

I've learned so far that most of the "big boys" are really just looking for slave labor while paying 1970 wages. I ended up leaving my SF office. I'm so glad I left how I did, on good terms, because 2 days later my colleague and friend there called to tell me the agent cut her pay in half, and she is the top producer! I have an interview with Allstate on Jan. 11th. It's at least $10/hr plus 10%. I will be able to pay some of my bills if I get the job. It didn't take long to see being Indy is the way to go and I should have done more research before entering this field. I would've been better off working as a shift leader at Taco Bell then entering insurance to be candid. I say that because like others have said on this forum, you need reserves when entering this field. I do not. I do however see the greatness of this field, just not the way I approached it.

If I am reading this correctly, are you getting the 10% of the premium, or 10% of the agency's take which is approximately 10%?

If I am reading this correctly, are you getting the 10% of the premium, or 10% of the agency's take which is approximately 10%?

That is a question that will be answered during the interview. My phone interview lasted a few minutes. I'm going to assume it's 10% of the agency's take. While of course I'd rather it be the premium, I can't be picky right now. I'm in dire straights and with this job being full time and paying $10/hr it's my best option. I'm keeping my ears open and prospecting other places to work, but if I get offered any job, I have to take it.

Back